ononewheel

Nov 4, 2003
Right, while taking my engine apart I got a latex glove stuck in the engine, its jammed between the piston and cylinder. I can see part of this from the reed and it goes all the way to inside the piston.

I have tried pulling the cylinder off but it wont budge any ideas?

Also when I have done this I need to know where to get a piston rings, and bearing set as they are the only things i cant get. i can get the gaskets and everything else.

I have also heard that a YZ250 piston will fit in is this true? What years ones will fit in if so, and also should I use a YZ piston.

PS, my bike is a 88-88 model cagiva wmx 250, front disk rear drum, with powervalve and watercooled.

Also how much is it roughly for a plated cylinder to be replated??

BlazinBoy

Feb 13, 2004
Dont try to melt the glove!! More mess than it is worth. Have you tried searching on the internet for Cagiva parts? I'm sure somewhere out there someone has left over parts. Be careful pounding on your cylinder.....a piston and rings you can probably find......a new cylinder would be tough. Dont try and pry the cylinder off unless you somehow protect the mating surfaces of the case and the cylinder. Good luck!

COLEMANAPP

~SPONSOR~
Feb 19, 2002
Aside from checking the Cagiva parts, there were a couple of Husqvarna's which basically were cagiva bikes. I have an 88WRK 125 which is Cagiva based. You could check the huskyclub.com and see if he knows if the Husq. WRK 250 has same piston sets. My 88 WRK husky was the same motor as my buddies Cagiva from 87.

ononewheel

Nov 4, 2003
I have pulled the engine. Well have got the cylinder and piston off. Am getting it bored out and a new piston kit.

Because the bore is not to good, and cant find a standard piston anywhere.

ononewheel

Nov 4, 2003
ononewheel said:
I have pulled the engine. Well have got the cylinder and piston off. Am getting it bored out and a new piston kit.

Because the bore is not to good, and cant find a standard piston anywhere.

After a second look i think that the bore is fine. Will just replace the piston when i can find one.

Can you put the 500 barrel and piston in the 250 bottom end???

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
I think, but I'm not sure, that you can use a piston from a 1990 Husky 250 WXE. I don't think they made any motor changes from 88 - 90 when the badged the 250 Cagivas as Husqvarna.

Top Bottom