HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
Shovel off the snow, break out the 2-smoke, thumper, whatever you got. They're calling for 57 degrees and sunny. Can't wait any longer. Any takers? I'l lbe there either way.

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
they're also calling for a race...ill be there, number 842, 125 novice, on a yz250f with hot wheels graphics...just look for the guy who gets a last place start and races through the pack like a bat out of hell :aj:

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
doh! I didn't know about the race. Well, I guess we can't ride the track. Oh well.

TaxPhd - I usually follow the road around to the dragstrip/racetrack, but keep straight along the powerlines instead of turning into the car racing area. A little ways down (you're off-road now) on the left is a ravine that makes for a nice parking area. I'll be trying the bike rack on my 03 Wrangler, so look for a grey softtop Jeep there.

There will likely be a swarm of RV's closest to the mx track.

Oh, and the forecast is now 65F for Sunday!!!!!!!! :yeehaw:

TaxPhd

Dec 29, 2003
I know the spot. I'll be driving a Blue/Silver Suburban, with a KDX200 in a hitch mount carrier, or pulling a red trailer (if my son comes along) with the KDX and a KX250.

Scott

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
same old same old super rat...first moto my rear tire went flat on the line so we grabbed the tank and put about 30psi in it just so i could finish atleast a lap and get points and not ruin my rim, then low and behold i get about a 6th place start and start passing up to 4th even with my tire and then it finally starts to go and i finish 15th because i start sliding...second moto i spun off the gate and hit lance eveatt about 20 feet off the gate and go down, i get up and everyone is already going down the junkyard section on south before i get things started and i race through for 13th and a 13th overall.

my starts aren't the problem, i can launch off the line in practice but when i am on the line in a race i get anxious and usually drop the clutch and spin...its all in my head but once i get over that ill start winning... just a matter of time.

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
Cool man!! Good job, it will come.
Don't rush getting over the gate especially on concrete and hold it on a little longer going into the first turn. I wait until I hear ever one shut off then I shut off. Good luck at PMI. I love that track. That was my last race and I got killed 2nd to last.LOL!
Keep me posted on your results. I saw some of your pics on the SRAC site you look good on the bike.

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
thanks rat...will you be racing pmi?what class?

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
Hey stop rubbing it in!! I won't be able to race until the summer!! LOL!! My last race at PMI I ran Vet A but that was over a year ago so I can drop down to the B class now and sandbag.HAHAH!! 125B for me.

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
ill be 125b by summer, if i'm not ill be pissed...there are 8 or 9 guys in that 125 C that are fast enough to win and i passed everyone of them in the first moto with a bad tire...then the tire started getting loose...im hoping to mark next week but it is all start dependent, once that comes to me ill mark out!!!

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
Cool. I'll be there around 8:30 in the morning. I'll probably hang out until 3 or 4. I'm sure there will be spots o' mud at PMI and the CR5 likes to sling it.....

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
We'll be there at 9:30 in a green Tundra (maybe with a white box trailer) and we'll try to park around that same spot you mentioned. We'll be with a little red Tacoma too and maybe one more big old truck of some sort. See ya!

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
i raced PMI...didn't do to bad either...first moto i stalled the bike and got 20th and next moto i was running 8th when my shoulder gave out on me and i dropped back to 9th in the last lap, but 14th overall still puts me in a good spot with the championship, hope you guys had fun on the trails, anyone going up to wild rat next weekend?

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
Awesome, mxer! We watched ya'll for a bit; looked pretty crazy out there with two guys colliding in mid-air and all; oooch. Enjoyed meeting up and riding with the trail ride gang; FUN! 'Hope ya'll made it back safe too!

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
I had a good time also and I can feel it now. I think I need one of those inflatable donut seats.....must learn to stand more.

I didn't check out the races long mxer- sorry to not have seen you ride. I did see a guy riding an old school XL (circa 1980-1982). Was that you Wally? It's a 6 hour ride from Farmington...

I learned that I should be riding an old school XL after seeing Ray ride.

CJ/Scott - I'll be out of town the next 2 weekends, but I shouldn't be as tender by the time I get back. Keep a post going on when and where you guys plan to ride and I'll keep on eye on it.

Last edited:

TaxPhd

Dec 29, 2003
"I learned that I should be riding an old school XL after seeing Ray ride."

Yes, it was truly humbling to be passed on straightaway by Ray riding a wheelie. And I thought I was going pretty fast, too. I kept waiting for some kind of terrain to slow him down, and it just didn't happen. However, the answer doesn't lie in an old school bike. More Power! And you've got power in spades. Just roll back the throttle and let that CR do its stuff. ;-)

Scott

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
considering that my shoulder hurt so bad that my mom had to put my gear on and take it off for me because i was on the verge of tears, i'd say i was pretty pleased with a 14th place overall, that track is pretty brutal.which moto did you guys see?was it the one where i was in the back or the one were i was in the front?

i'll be up in berthoud in 2 weeks, will any of you guys be up there?

Top Bottom