Question for anyone who has a pair of SG10 Boots

May 18, 2006
I got mine in the mail yesterday, they are size 11 and ive been wearing them around the house. Haven't had my first ride in them yet though. They feel like they fit great, except that on my right foot my pinkie feels a a little snug in the boot. Ive always heard that most people have one foot thats slightly bigger than the other. Anyways, my question is this. After you had your boots for a few rides did you notice the break in making the toe any more roomy? After the "break in" have you noticed that they aren't as sung as they were out of the box? I considered ordering a size 12, but then they may be a little to big, and i dont want the headache of having to send stuff back and what not. Thanks for any info!

May 18, 2006
update... i wore the boots around the house all day, lol. im sure i looked pretty odd. but they are starting to take the form of my foot. I do think ill keep the 11's.

tony91

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2002
I'd keep them snug. My foot size is 11 and my SG-10's are 10's. They were a little snug at first, but broke in nice. Do yourself a favor though and be sure all the little screws are tight. I put spot a spot of blue loctite on mine. Haven't had a problem since. They're great boots. Good choice. :cool:

AndyO

Jun 11, 2006
Alligatorbling, what size shoe do you wear? I was considering the the SG10's myself. I wear 10.5. Read hear that people size down-- wondering what you did.

May 18, 2006
I wear a size 11 in most tennis shoes... however my tech eights are 12's, i think they fit because of the bootie though.... wheres the sg10 dosent have one. my sg10s are size 11.

rosscopeeko

Feb 25, 2005
I have the sg10's and i went with my exact shoe size and they fit great: 9 for size 9 in Gaerne's. Mine broke in after 1 long day of riding and feel great now with decent flexibility and great support. I love these boots. Good choice.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
I wear a size 9.5 shoe. At the recommendation of Motosport Outlet I went up to a size 10 rather than squeeze into a 9.

No regrets - these are great boots.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
I usually wear a size 5.5 - 6 shoe (yes, little feet), and in Tech 8's I had a size 5 and 6. So I ordered my SG10's in a 6, and they were a little too tight in the toes, so I exchanged them for a 7. They are a little big, but very comfortable, and the extra little bit hasn't been an issue. So I went a size up.

I've had them for 1.5 years now and absolutely love them. Very comfortable, awesome support (especially the ankle), durable sole, and a super smooth buckle system. Do keep an eye on the screws, like Tony said. I did lose one, that holds on the second to bottom strap. But I did call Gaerne and they sent out another screw right away. :cool:

Top Bottom