zblink1888

Oct 26, 2008
i am having problems riding while standing. it seems every time i accelerate hard i end up having a death grip on the handle bars even when i think i am gripping with my legs. any pointers or things i should look for in my form?

carlbielke

Jul 4, 2002
Feet position

Are you standing with the balls of your feet on the pegs?
You're supposed to do that, most non pros stand with the pegs in the arches of the feet. Try sliding your feet a bit further back and tell me if it helps,
Regards,
Carl

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
You to be in the "Attack" position, leaning forward with your head ahead of the bars. You should be able to look down at your front number plate. When you have your weight far enough forward the acceleration forces should be transferred to your legs and into the foot pegs. The 450 makes it bit more challenging. :)

Tim507

Dec 25, 2005
Practice, practice and more practise.......it is a learned skill. If you learned to ride sitting it will be hard to overcome the the need to sit. If your young it will be easier to learn to sit. I have ridden standing for years but as I age..hehehe.....I friggen sit more...oh well......practise and more practise

Tim

zblink1888

Oct 26, 2008
thanks i would have never of thought that the pegs being on my arches instead of the balls of my feet would impact but thinking about it from a physics point doing so would push my hips forward instead of bending my back to make it seem like my weight is forward thus using my legs instead of hands. sorry i won't be able to give any results just took the bike home for the winter this last weekend.

Top Bottom