WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
We ride every Sunday! I will be racing at the Lembo Lake HS on 4/28, either racing or working the Catra HS on 5/19 and riding the New England Championship Enduro on 6/2.

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
I'll set him up with a set of lights. ;)

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by DANIEL JOSEPH
And I'm sure I could arrange First Aid
Do they mount ambulances to a Kenworth chassis?

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
:) LOL guys!
Lembo Lake. . . :think:
Lemme check my schedule
I wouldn't mind trying an enduro. Don't know the fist thing about them though.
. . .Kenworth chassis, why I oughta. . .

dirtybkr

Mar 17, 2000
Lembo Lake is no more .

lThe race at Lembo Lake has been moved to Flach's Farm in Coeymans Hollow N.Y. ( Pop. 310 . Saaaaalute ) The date has not been changed, Sunday the 28 of April . I will be going , Bill , we could car pool if you like . PK chest prtecters and water wings are optional equipment

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by Papakeith
Lembo Lake. . . :think:
It's at a new location about 50 miles north of Modena... 20 minutes from my house.

Enduros are the most fun. For your first one just ride until somebody tells you to stop.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Woodsrider, watch what you say about Papakeith in the trees! We rode the single track at Paragon in March, and Dave on my old KDX couldn't shake that bad boy from his tail! :eek:

(Note: We have video footage from that ride--so our tape will be first to arrive at America's Funniest Home Videos! ;) )

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Lori - He wasn't doing bad at EBMX either except for the off-camber downhill. I'd like to drag him up to Catraland sometime though. :p

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
I will be there unless school work gets in my way! :p
Papa, roost at will, but remember, it is a reciprical act, you will get a mouth full of dirt in return, hehehehe.
Great that there is video and cameras, but dont exspect me to do the big jumps unless they track is PERFECT :eek: .
I am looking forward to putting faces on names. :)

DANIEL JOSEPH

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 14, 2000
Don't except a lot of pictures. I'm going there to drink my coffee and watch a large guy on a CR 500 hurt himself. Just looking for a little Sunday AM humor. If I happen to get a shot on him sprawled out on the ground moaning for mercy so be it.

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Hey PK! Make sure to do the double for the camera! :p

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
Seriously though guys..i want a few of you guys to help me out a little bit while i am there. I need to become faster in the turns first. My problem is, is that i don't know when to sit or stand in a corner??.. I see people standing in a corner and i sit in that same corner?? Is there a good and bad to this or does sitting and standing make any difference??

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
I can give you a little help when I am not riding around. I went to a gary semics riding school last year so I guess I am kindof qualified.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Well, I got there late :| sorry guys.
Daniel Joseph saw me as he was leaving and turned around to say hello.
I never did meet marcv125, or if I did we never properly introduced ourselves to one another.
I did finally meet KawieKX125 though. :) I had been wanting to meet him for some time now. Aaron, it was a pleasure meeting you. His riding ability is waaay above mine. I gotta learn to shut the voices in my head off, and just ride.
I still had fun. I was only good for one to two laps at a time(bypassing most jumps) before my arms would be crying for a break. Once I get proper springs in my new bike, I want to go back and try that track again. I want to do those doubles that we were parked in front of.
Maybe we could try again in a couple of weeks? The only way I'll ever get better at riding motocross tracks is to actually ride them.
Oh yeah, Happy Birthday marcv125!! :)

Last edited:

DANIEL JOSEPH

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 14, 2000
Sorry I couldn’t stay but only had about an hour to spend there. Drank my coffee, ate my bagel, and read part of my newspaper then had to leave. I rode all day Saturday and doing motorcycle related things both weekend days in my house is a dangerous thing to do. You were pulling out of the gas station when I saw you and turned around. I figured the least I could do was say hi.

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
It was great to put a face on a name too. I finally got to meet the infamous spodely papakieth, and to be honest, he is far from as spodely as most people IMO. :D
I was in the same boat as you papakieth. My arms were dead after a couple laps. Hopefully this new gym regieme will help. My fingers would lock up and no matter what I did, I could not more em. I can help you with the jumping, but I would not tackle the jumps in front of us first. Their is a smaller double infield that is much better for a first-timer. One of the easiest jumps on the track according to the good riders is the 85 footer in the back! :p I was thinking of hitting it, but my wussy side caught up with me.

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
papakeith yeah i got there at 10 and stayed until 12:30 thats probably why we didnt meet. I had a blast though. And thx for the Birthday wish!!:)

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
Yeah papakeith im good for this weekend also. I will be there early again though, at 10:00 till probably 1:00-1:30 i will see. Let me know. I want as many people to go as possible since i didnt meet anyone!!!! :( I will be going until Thomaston Dam opens up which is May 1st. So i think i will go to Rocky Hill for the next 2 weeks. Let me know all!!!

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
If I do go this weekend, it will be on Saturday, not Sunday.
(genuinely interested husband voice on)
Sunday this week is reserved for taking the Mrs. to see the lipissizziad Stalions (or sumthin' like that :ugg: )
(voice off)
Some kind of dancing horse show. *shruggs*

I pmed pit monkey, that I was thinking of going on the 21st.

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
Papakeith let me know also what you are doing. Next week i have spring break, but i have work on Fri. How bout thursday? the 20th. I am off that day from work. I wanna meet both of you guys.!! Let me know!!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom