LivinLife

Oct 13, 2008
Hello everybody. Well my 2002 cr250r is acting up again. I kickstarted my bike yesterday. I got the bike warm pulled the clutch, and put the bike in first gear. After i popped it into first gear the bike lurched forward and stalled, and i tried 3 more times same result. So I left i alone for 5 minutes tops and tried again. This time i tightened the clutch cable all the way thinking maybe the clutch cable is stretched or something. I started the bike again pulled the clutch and popped it in to first and no problems at all. I went up and down the street through the first 2 gears, and the bike shifted and rode smoothly. After the little ride i parked it and readjusted the clutch to the correct adjustment and shut it off. I started the bike one last time 5 minutes later and the bike lurched forward and stalled. Im not sure if adjusting the clutch did anything, if it was just a coincidence, but i looked in my manual and the lurching forward and stalling is called clutch slippage. Is my clutch cable stretched or something wrong with my internal clutch components, high level of gearbox oil? Im not sure what? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

stumanarama

Aug 29, 2007
It sounds like you fixed it, rode it around, and then maladjusted it again. Put the cable back to where it was when the bike rode smooth up and down the street and your problem is solved.

Top Bottom