trivial

Feb 14, 2002
So when is the nest ride? I am hoping for a saturday ride in the near future (hopefully with some people who are as painfully slow as me). I am hoping for an Indiana ride, as I am over by Richmond...but I should be game for Ky. as well (if I can swipe a trailer for the weekend).

Jimbo1

Jan 30, 2002
I'm in. I don't know where... but I'm in! Saturday, 13 April is a good day to go. I believe the weather is supposed to be cloudy and in the 60's!! I live in Lafayette, IN, so the only place that I know of that is close is the BADLANDS. I was there yesterday and there were probably 25 - 30 bikes there. However, the Quads outnumbered us by at least 6 to 1.

I have a 12 year old son who rides a YZ 80. We are both ready to go whenever you guys are (Sunday the 14th!!). Just let us know.

Jimbo

JILLnJIM@prodigy.net

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
We'll get a ride planned down here at Turkey Bay soon. It's 2500 acres and 150 miles of trails. We're usually there every Sat. Anytime you guys want to come, let me know. You guys post here and let me know when would be a good weekend for you to make the trip here. When we rode in Lawrence Co., it was about a 4 1/2 hour drive for us. A Friday/Sat. ride is much better for us, but if you guys would rather do a Sat./Sun. ride, we can swing out for a couple of hours on Sun. afternoon. There is primitive camping at Turkey Bay, and motels/cottages within 10 minutes from Turkey Bay. There is also another riding area about 20 minutes from Turkey Bay that we could ride, as well as 3-4 MX tracks to choose from.

Last edited:

Jimbo1

Jan 30, 2002
How far is Turkey Bay from Louisville? I'd be willing to almost any Saturday. I'll have to check about this Saturday, but it is a possibility.

Jimbo

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Turkey Bay is roughly 3 hours from Louisville.

Mapquest shows 220 miles from Louisville to Turkey Bay (Aurora, Ky). If you average 60 mph, it will take 3 1/2 hours. But on West Ky Pkwy, you can average 80 mph if you want to. :eek: I'm about 35 minutes from Turkey Bay, and I've made it to Louisville in less than 2 1/2 hours. We'll probably be there this Sat. Can't decide...I've got landscaping that is have way finished, at the moment. :think:

Jimbo1

Jan 30, 2002
Wow... that's a long ways from me! I am about 3 hours North of Louisville. I was hoping you guys would be close to the Indiana border. :(

Top Bottom