RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
A friend at work has aspirations of becoming a submarine commander...

Attachments

• Dscn0955.jpg
    Dscn0955.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 279
  • Dscn0956.jpg
    Dscn0956.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 271
  • Dscn0958.jpg
    Dscn0958.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 269

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Continued...

Attachments

• Dscn0960.jpg
    Dscn0960.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 264
  • Dscn0964.jpg
    Dscn0964.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 272
  • Dscn0972.jpg
    Dscn0972.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 267

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
I thought it was a four wheeler at first.... :rotfl:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I haven't had a chance to talk to him yet but the photos are spreading fast. I hope that his brakes went out or something...anything else makes him an idiot!

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I knew some of those ponds went deep. But I would have never guessed that deep.

Let's have a good laugh....don't show those photos to Trigger :)

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
thats just a jeep takin a good old bath, dry it out well and remove the plugs before cranking and if youre lucky it will be fine

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Here's the scoop. He was following a group and they all went next to the lake in the same spot but he slid into it. Somewhat melodramatic. The jeep is what he drives to work everyday and he drove it down there but got a ride back home in the rollback. The insurance company totaled it and he is trying to buy it back. All it needs is to just get dried out. He just got done putting big tires, lift kit and skid plates on it too.

He is lucky they didn’t have to call in divers to get it out. That lake is very deep. I’ve heard anywhere from 100 to 200 feet. Maybe Dan knows. As it was it took 2 jeeps to pull it out. There are more pictures showing it getting towed out of the park. His wife was not a happy camper!

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
Trigger found the pictures....Trigger found the pictures!!!!!!!! You have no idea of the crazy thoughts going thru my mind right now!!!

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
Totalled? Wow! Just change the fluids and the carpet (if it had any). Oh.... wouldn't the seats smell a bit? They'd be hard to dry out.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Would the wiring/electronics/computers survive a dunking like that? How about water in the engine? Wonder how hard that'd be to resurrect.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I've seen many dirtbikes go for a swim and get dried out along the side of the trail. He's pretty handy and should have no proble getting it running again. Jeeps are designed to get very wet and still run.

Trigger...don't think it!!!!!!!!!

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
OMG

Trigger...that's your pond buddy ;)

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
Trigger Lake? I like the sound of that!! By the way, the thread for the upcoming paragon ride has disappeared? Where did it go?

xsnrg

Jul 20, 2004
Reminds me of spectacles I haven't seen standing at the rivercrossing at the Blackwater 100. When there was a lull in riders coming through on bikes or ATVs, some drunken idiot would get in his pickup and try to do the river crossing, including the muddy bank. Rolled the truck right over in the water, almost crushing several spectators. How no one died that day is a mystery to me!

Sucks for this guy and his jeep though, sounds like more of an accident.

Once we were at the beach in NC and someone backed a brand new pickup with their sailboat trailer down the beach, through a shallow tidal pool, back up onto dry land (sandbar) and then into the surf to load the sail boat. The problem was that the tide was coming in fast and he got trapped on the sandbar! The longer he froze there in fear, the deeper the water got, and I think the tow truck got there just in time to save the entire rig from being swept out to sea, but it was just as trashed as the jeep above. Worse, though, because it had been under saltwater instead of freshwater.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Update...he got the motor and tranny dried out and got it running this past weekend. Wife still not happy.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom