WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Ill try to get in 1 or 2 more rides, but next weekend will be the last for sure, no time to get parts in the case of a close encounter with a tree :aj:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by motometal
hope all goes well, don't rush it and try to avoid any leftover "mystery" parts (other than the bad ones)!
Drat .... and I thought that was the easy way to lighten your bike! :thumb:

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
Had "ol'Flash" out last weekend for a spin.
Tried out the new (old stocker in perfect shape -w- spark arrestor) pipe and discovered that i must have lost about 5 or 10 BHP. :(
Unfortuanatly the old modified (ie: hollowed out) pipe came off in pieces... :whiner: and i cant bring myself to cut apart this nice oem piece that i got off of e-bay.
Oh well.
Did the rear linkage overhall too. plus fresh 15w fork oil. plus new steering bearings.(the ones i removed were 20 years old!!!) :eek: yea it was loads of fun.....
new rear brake pads, clutch lever, greased brake pivots, new ...well you get the idea.
Guess i expected miracles, but its STILL an '82 XLR...... :confused:
Should've been concentrating more on the YZ i guess.
Last weeks ride was the first one in about 4 weeks!!!
(unusuall for me. i like to ride er, ah putt that is every weekend.)

motodawg

Sponsoring Member
May 1, 2002
Don't think I can get the boy to lay off for two weeks! We hit an organized practice (MX) at least once a week and race 2-3 times a month. Not that it does me any good, but the kid is pretty fast! We have an Oklahoma Winter Series race comin' up on the 29th at Woodland Hills Offroad Park . Haven't raced there since last Jan. and I know he's keen on going. I'll probably sit it out though, takes me too long to heal! :)

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I'll be lucky if I am in shape to ride at DW! :(

C2 is rotated and off to one side a little. It seems like every time the chiropractor puts it back, it pops back out soon after.

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
man, I was just thinking about this yesterday. Between softball/volleyball/choir practices and games for the kids, my softball games and the weekend honey-do projects I haven't ridden but twice in the past 3 months. So far I have added a fireplace, TV and video cabinets, built an oak mantle, built brick flowerbeds and put a lift on my son's jeep. That's when I am in town! :flame:
Over the labor day holiday I rented a bobcat and built a very small AX type track beside my house, thinking I would have some time to ride weekday evenings. :silly: I rode on the track once last week and it just confirms nothing has changed since last year... I sucked then and I suck now when riding. Got skeered on my own track and had to shave down some of the jumps. :scream: Hopefully I'll at least remember how to start the thing by the time DW gets here. :o

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Holding out in Anaheim! Not riding, just prepping the bike and packing the goods lately. Been hearing too much about guys getting hurt lately so I'm taking what MoJo I have left and waiting for DW! Had a hat made yesterday for the occasion and am plottting out my constantine wire and moat for Camp Elk.

I may have to break down and try out a 4 stroker at DW, if someone will let me, seeing is that I'll have some spare time whilst my steed gets a bath by Twinny.:p

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Originally posted by a454elk
I may have to break down and try out a 4 stroker at DW, if someone will let me, seeing is that I'll have some spare time whilst my steed gets a bath by Twinny.:p

Shoot... I'll lose the race just to have that lemon bike without it's goofy owner hovering over it. The Zuki will never be the same.... :p

Quick! Everyone offer up 4-strokes for Elk to ride. :)

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Slow-mo, you want to come on over to my place. Plenty of Honey-do's on my list. I got tired just reading your list :)

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
moto - I hear ya on the hot and dry crap around here. After you mentioned it, I decided to do my top-end too. Got it done friday night late, put everything back together and fired her up saturday morning.

I plan to hit some little trails down by the river for an hour or so for break in, after that, she sits until Dirt Week.

Oct 10, 2000
I didn't ride this weekend :( My left front fork lost the base valve my last ride and I sent both forks off for rebiulds (in Washingon, Devol engineering) and hope to get them back by friday but most likely they won't come in until the day we're leaving for DW. I guess this gives me pleanty of time to "shine" my bike.

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
Slo mo, I had no idea you were in a choir?!

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Originally posted by Smitty
Slo mo, I had no idea you were in a choir?!

LOL, Smitty! My son (No_Mo) is the bass in the choir. I got kicked out of choir in 3rd grade :)

I get volunteered to build all the sets :think:

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Originally posted by TwinSpar
I do tire more quickly having to hold on to the added arm pull.... but I'm hooked. :cool:
You tire more quickly because you are dropping into 1st and 2nd gear on a track that I have never been below 3rd on on the same bike. You keep bouncing it off the rev limiter like the 250F and droping it down 2 gears in a corner sending it OVER the limiter on decel you'll be pickin up pieces soon. I threaten you for your own good. It is however enteraining following you into corners and see blip the throttle when you are a gear too low and send the back end around like something ou of Dukes of Hazzard. :confused:

Txbigguy

Camp Tejas Chef
N. Texas SP
Jan 14, 2002
I am with Thump. I am riding as much as I can between now and then. Also I got a call from my dealer and he says he might have the 03 250F in this week or next. I would love to take that up to DW with me.

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Originally posted by Thump
It is however enteraining following you into corners and see blip the throttle when you are a gear too low and send the back end around like something ou of Dukes of Hazzard. :confused:

You know me.... I always aim to entertain (usually to my detriment). :scream:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by TwinSpar

Quick! Everyone offer up 4-strokes for Elk to ride. :)

Elk - you can throw a leg over my pumpkin.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Originally posted by Thump
Oh yeah, I am riding as much as possible between now and then

Two words Thump, "Please Don't" :thumb: You are fast enough as it is, I don't want you to humiliate me!

Twinny, nice blisters, I told you that you'll go blind if you keep doin that, even if it's to someone else! :scream:

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Originally posted by a454elk

Twinny, nice blisters, I told you that you'll go blind if you keep doin that....

The voice of experience! :moon:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Just until I needed glasses pal, no further!:):) You still shaking from having a cinderblock snake sighting?!:p

MrMXer327

Back in the saddle and having a blast !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
PStout came down about a month or so ago and had me dig my bike out of the basement... We built a water truck capable of holding 1100 gals of water and a 10,000gpm pump just so we could ride. We groom the old track.. chisle plow, disc and water and get set to go. PStout pulls a wheelie on the way down to the track and blows out his ACL and MDL. :( But he is a die-hard spode and has been agressively re-habing the knee for 18 days now and is still going to DW. :thumb: I been laying the water down and putting in a few laps... feel much more comfortable on the bike after leaving it sit since last year a DW. This week, we will be tearing all the bikes down and preping them for DW. :yeehaw: Treejumper and his buddy are planning on riding with us on Saturday before heading west, I feel like a kid in a candy store :yeehaw:

Last edited:

Top Bottom