Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
Ex-Okie here looking for people who are interested in riding the "500" next Saturday(27th) early AM. It's been about 20 years since I've ridden there and its been 8 weeks since I've ridden(Doc. said I could ride now! :aj: ), needless to say I'm going crazy!!!

I will be in Enid for my H.S. reunion and thought - STILLWATER - YES! I'm open to anywhere that is as good or better than the 500(Cooperland??) when it comes to trails.

Any woods riders out there????? :)

OKKX'er

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 10, 2001
I will more than likely be up for an early ride. Real early to beat the heat. If we can get Justql , Craig-enid and Dwreck (maybe even Bswift), a good time is guaranteed. Just watch out for Justql, his clutch works funny, causing rabbit starts (with roost)

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
Great - 7:00A to early? I agree the heat is not much fun :debil: ! Do I still need to get a membership or...?
Well roost isn't bad unless it connects with me - then we start having "bike berms" :D , then it gets real interesting!

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I'll check with the wife and see what she has planned. As long as no one is working the gate we can get you in for a day ride. The 300 is running I have not messed with the jetting anymore.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I might be able to come as Pit Crew. I did ride the Mamba yesterday, fresh motor, I went from the driveway to the shop (50ft). Don't think I'll be up to more than that for a few more weeks.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Good to hear that you're atleast on the bike again. It's funny you're the hurt one and you've been on a bike before I have.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by BSWIFT
I did ride the Mamba yesterday

i was soooo tempted to get out my old yamaha enduro yesterday (it has electric start). it was all i could do to make myself stay away from it. i'm going to go insane. :scream:

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
still in a splint. i will find out tuesday whether i will get a cast or traction.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
You guys need to heal up and go riding so other people will have a chance to post on this board. You all keep hogging all the band width!

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
I agree, it's not worth riding if all you do is postpone the healing process. If there is a GOOD time for healing it's the heat of the summer and get ready for the cool fall riding :) ! My shoulder has kept me out almost 8 weeks - worth the wait though, getting ready for Cloudcroft in September just in time!

I look forward to meeting you guys/gals !

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Well, with a fresh motor, sunshine and the choice of either pushing or riding 50 feet, which would you do? LOL! It was pretty tough not to point the Mamba towards the gate but I'll let myself heal up some more.
Justql, water and exercise? Man oh man, no caffiene?! Might as well bury me without my caffiene because I'm dead without it. "MUST HAVE COFFEE!"

OKKX'er

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 10, 2001
bad news. Gotta work saturday and won't have a clutch basket anyway.
I had hoped to ride but it's not gonna happen. I hope somebody can ride with you enduro_nut.

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
Well I've tried several times to get up to Stillwater - Got a call earlier "SORRY you motor will not be ready" :debil: :debil: , talk about FURIOUS - I could say things that would get me kicked off due to explitives so I won't !

Finally I thought - GREAT, not only can I ride know, I get to ride @ Stillwater on a Saturday(I work weekends so Saturday is a BIG deal!).
I should have kept my GG just for days like these!

Sorry I can't go - ONE OF THESE DAYS!!

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
Sorry to hear about everyone's trouble....
Looks like Violet and I will make an early loop or two Saturday morning, head home when it hits 90 degrees. (10AM?!!?)

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I'm out too. I told my wife that I'd do some other things besdies ride for awhile. I am reinstalling the seats in the boat tonight. So I'll be on the jetski and in the boat tommorrow. Have fun amd becareful Craig. Don't get to hot.

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
:) :) Just wanted to say - THANKS(!!!!) CRAIG ! It was great, but what else would you expect from someone who rides the "MEAN GREEN" !!

Hopefully next time I can meet the other OKIE'S ! :)

Top Bottom