DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
The MX track at the 500 got a long overdue makevoer by none other than Guy Cooper. Its a shame that they can't keep a dozer and water truck there full time because it was awesome today. For those of you who have never ridden there the main track is a baby version of a supercross track. You are either turning or jumping the entire time. No place to rest. They are not do or die like many places being that they are table tops and step ups. The difficulty of it is the steepness of the jump faces and the short runs at them. The pro section got made over too and I don't recomend it for anyone slower than intermediate- positively insane is the only way to put it. We got to see Guy throwing down some sick whips over huge doubles on his 525 sporting his new national number 49. After a couple of hours I had about half the main track figured out and we decided to do a loop through the woods. When I say we I am talking about me, OKKX'er, Casey, motox757 and I am drawing a blank on the other, sorry. Bike number 156- I think. The trails were perfect. A few mud puddles and lots of leaves but the soil was tacky and only the occasional puff of dust. All in all an excellent day of riding finished off by a pit stop at the Hideaway for a little, make that a lot of pizza.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
:(Glad you guys had fun without me.:(

OKKX'er

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 10, 2001
I believe that Guy is healing up. He made a trick ramp for Kenny and it was throwing him 30' straight up. We were standing by one table and he was whipping totally horizontal at only 10' high.
Today was one of those days! Probably 60 degrees, light wind, high thin clouds. Moist dirt, only thing missing was my meager skills. Finally got a few of the smaller jumps, then a rip through the woods with the before mentioned crew. Really enjoyed watching Todd throw a 125 around, then found out it wasn't even his regular ride. I thought it ended waaay too soon, but after the ride home, it's a good thing we didn't ride more.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
you guys are lucky. i've been riding out there since '84 and only once have i gotten to ride after the dozer had been there.

and hideaway pizza too? i had frozen pizza today. i take it back. you guys aren't lucky, you suck. :moon:

motox757

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 14, 2001
Dwreck, #156 was Todd, my friend that lives out by Mannford (actually closer to Olive, but no one knows where that town is, LOL). And, OKKX'er is right, Todd's 250 (#626) has a bent shifter shaft from DW'02... He was riding his nephews bike, a 97 CR125...

Yes, just seeing Guy ride that pro track was worth the trip out. That Pro track is just as technical as any pro level SX track! And Guy Cooper was making it look waaayyyy too easy! We should have taken the camera and took some pics... ...Oh well...

When we were pulling out of the main gate we saw Jason and Kenny Bartram. Kenny had just finished dragging an abandoned car body to some place that wasn't visible from 56th Street. (He said the Stillwater parks and recreation people asked that the car be removed from the front parking area.) Kenny's beater truck was all bashed in on the passenger side from moving (and hitting??) the car hulk. When we pulled out onto to 56th Street (the dirt road) Kenny was behind us and fish-tailing his truck all the way down 56th to Western. He was up in the ditches and back across the road! That kid is definitely a wild child...

mx547, I think the main track will be good for a few months. Guy did a great job of getting the jump faces smooth... The uphill triple is gone, replaced with a uphill double...

Last edited:

tangell

Oct 14, 2002
If I had known all that fun was going to happen yesterday, I would have never hauled the bikes all the way down to Lake Murray. :(

Top Bottom