KDX200Kev

Sep 22, 2003
The clutch works when shifting the bike into gear either initially or moving. However, if the engine stalls going down a hill, pulling in the clutch does not allow the rear wheel to turn so I can bump start the bike. I use JASCO for the tran oil and it turns dark gray after a few rides. The air filter is clean. The bike is a 1996 Suzuki RMX250 with low mileage and with the OEM clutch parts. I appreciated your responses that will help me with this concern. Thanks

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
I am not familiar with Jasco oil.....

How about some specifics: Natural base or synthetic? Multi-wieght or single? What viscosity?

I would think that you could certainly rule out a dirty air filter......

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
That's normal. I cannot get my bike rolling fast enough on anything but the steepest hills unless I actually put the bike in neutral. Clutch drag is a fact of life with a high performance motorcycle.

KDX200Kev

Sep 22, 2003
rmc_olderthandirt said:
I am not familiar with Jasco oil.....

How about some specifics: Natural base or synthetic? Multi-wieght or single? What viscosity?

I would think that you could certainly rule out a dirty air filter......

10/40 weight natural base

KDX200Kev

Sep 22, 2003
76GMC1500 said:
That's normal. I cannot get my bike rolling fast enough on anything but the steepest hills unless I actually put the bike in neutral. Clutch drag is a fact of life with a high performance motorcycle.

When it stalls the tire locks up and will not unlock when the clutch is used. Not fun when the rear wheel is locked going down hill.

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
Well, pull the cover and check the basket for notches. If the basket is not notched, check for warped plates. Modern bikes have quick access covers to the clutch on the right side, just lay the bike over on its left so the oil doesn't pour out. It will only take you 10 minutes or so to do this inspection.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom