The MC, Sat - Playing with the light

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Every once in a while, even us hacks get lucky ... the light, exposure... it actually turns out like you hoped it would.

A series ....

Kevin x2

Attachments

• kdub_light_web.jpg
    kdub_light_web.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 460
  • kdub_light2_web.jpg
    kdub_light2_web.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 451

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Squid31 said:
Very very nice...
Thanks!
Pretty insane being on the floor :whoa: I'd like to say I got tons of keepers... nope. I shot 4+ gigs in all jpgs, a lot to go thru, there are some decent ones to post, just not that many, lol.

The 20D just doesn't focus fast enough, even making sure to prefocus spots, then rely on servo. I've got MANY OOF.

B

biglou

Aren't you glad you're friends with the guy with the greatest wife in the world?! ;)

Seriously, those are awesome. I am so envious. Nice work. :cool:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
biglou said:
Aren't you glad you're friends with the guy with the greatest wife in the world?! ;)

Seriously, those are awesome. I am so envious. Nice work. :cool:

Thanks lou ... the first two k-dub shots made all the sweat and roost worth it :)

And yeah, Sarah hooked-us up LARGE... with her VIP passes and the media creds, we owned the place :p

B

biglou

My weekend was almost as fun, so no worries. I power-washed my dad's deck and driveway, and trimmed out a window with PVC trim and sill plate. No pictures though, but still, it was almost as much fun, I'm sure... :laugh:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
You got some amazing shots Bob. How about showing the exif data and give some explanation of how you got the shots. Flash, pre-focus, etc. Share the secrets Mister. :)

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Wow... very f'n impressive!! Love how the background came out solid black, and how crisp the riders turned out, and the fact that even the black tires and gear still pops. I love the shot of TP with the backflip nac, and DV12's colors, the white bike, red rims, makes for a sweet pic. Love the two of Windham too, almost look fake, like with a black backdrop. Awesome!! :cool:

I personally gave up on trying to shoot any photos indoors or outdoors at night, but I don't have any of the cool equipment like you guys either.

kenc1959

Sep 15, 2006
I am so jealous. I have no opportunities till spring to photograph anymore riders here, the season is done. I have to fidget till then

will pattison

Sponsoring Member
Jul 24, 2000
okiewan, you are a photo jedi master, for sure! you absolutely KILLED it with this series of shots. thought about submitting some to the rags?

wp.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Good job boss. :cool:

I'm not a big freestyle fan but some of the tricks those guys were pulling were unbelieveable. :yikes:

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
No idea #2 looks like Jeff Kargola, you might remember him from the Big Huckin Chicken commercials.

And the one in grey and yellow is probably Mike Mason.

Finally, the Honda rider in Answer is Myles Richmond, his name is on the shroud, kudos to the photog that got a pic with enough detail to read it.

Last edited:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
I just checked out Cudby and Bruhn's JMI photos over on RacerX.... and I think the DRN bossman has some better shots!! :cool:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom