CR250R@WINTERS

~SPONSOR~
May 28, 2004
This weather sucks! I am just about ready to forget about trying to get any riding in before Roselawn and just concede that it will be my first ride of the year. Every time I think the snow is going to melt and the weather get a little nicer, along comes another snow storm :bang: . We are under another winter storm warning for another 6-10 inches of snow for tonight and tomorrow and yet another storm this weekend! The bike has been ready for over a month and I am ready to ride. Anybody else out there having these hard feelings?? Come on Mother Nature………..Give Us a Break! :(

UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
Try living in Marquette. Something like 40" in like two days last week.

Hope it's melted before the LM. The Mountain will be unrideable thru May, I'm sure.

CR250R@WINTERS

~SPONSOR~
May 28, 2004
You can bet I am glad we didn't get that snow! What about up by Houghton, something like 59" I heard. Hopefully it doens't warm up too quickly and create major flooding issues.

Orangewoods

Jul 25, 2005
Magoo, I read that you guys are about 50'' over average at like 220'' this year. That's alot snow. Great trails equals greater amounts of snow. Well at least this year. I tried to ride the E.U.P at the end of March. Kinross was still coverd but that was pretty much the only place that wasnt rideable..I didnt try Drumond but heard it was clear. Who knows now....ed

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
I guess some wet snow in April is not unheard of but this cold air is just wierd. I was outside most of the day this last Saturday and the temp and wind chill was just brutal! I would have almost sworn it was January rather than April......very strange. :coocoo:

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
I'll be with you Mike with my first ride of '07 taking place at Roselawn.... that is IF I get my bike back before then.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Wolf Child said:
global warming. :rotfl:

Yeah, I see that some of the global warming alarmist loonies are starting to back pedal and are now using the phrase “global climate change”.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
UP Magoo said:
Hope it's melted before the LM. The Mountain will be unrideable thru May, I'm sure.

I know your pain Magoo. Round # 2 of the FES may become round # 6. We only have two weeks... :pissed:

CR250R@WINTERS

~SPONSOR~
May 28, 2004
Bill, thought you were getting the bike back last Friday? Must be that bearing didn't show up on time?

Jeromeo

Feb 26, 2007
I feel your pain my friend. Up here it was all just about melted so I went out and picked up a new bike and BANG. The day after it snowed. a week later it's snowed again. :( I am hoping that it warms up real good so I can get a good riding day on sunday. Keeping my fingers crossed. Enjoy boys

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
CR250R@WINTERS said:
Bill, thought you were getting the bike back last Friday? Must be that bearing didn't show up on time?
Bearing arrived at LC last Friday, but getting the bike repaired yet this week is "hopeful". I'll be at Roselawn regardless... I still have my wife's TTR-125. :ride:

bruno670

Sep 13, 2006
BadgerMan said:
! I would have almost sworn it was January rather than April......very strange. :coocoo:

Some of the ol timer Harescramblers will remember 2000 and the first race in Belding. The week before was 75 to 80 and the track was set. A couple of days before the brother of the land owner decided that the boys liked a wider track than I laid out, after I corrected that problem Mother Nature threw a major curve ball my way. 9" of wet snow and temps in the 20's. The poor mini riders were endo-ing in the drifts. And that was April 9th.

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
CR250R@WINTERS said:
This weather sucks! I am just about ready to forget about trying to get any riding in before Roselawn and just concede that it will be my first ride of the year. Every time I think the snow is going to melt and the weather get a little nicer, along comes another snow storm :bang: . We are under another winter storm warning for another 6-10 inches of snow for tonight and tomorrow and yet another storm this weekend! The bike has been ready for over a month and I am ready to ride. Anybody else out there having these hard feelings?? Come on Mother Nature………..Give Us a Break! :(
HEY HOW DO YOU GUY'S THINK I FEEL, I GO OUT TO PTR FOR OUR PRE-RACE MEETING LAST-NITE AND THE TRACK LOOKS SWEET AND READY TO RACE, NOW WE'VE GOT ALL THIS WHITE S T :bang: AT LEAST WE WON'T HAVE TO USE THE WATER TRUCK'S THIS WEEK-END!!! :nener:

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
Thats nothing. I spent last week in Mexico, 85-90 degree temps, foo foo drinks around the pool all day long. Coming back to the cold is hard on the system.

Loctite

Jun 1, 2001
The new WR is ready to race, but my body is not. I was just getting the back in the groove of riding and like most of you now sit looking out the window. May have to take a day off next week to ride! Think Spring....

Craig

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
This is depressing...Phil is supposed to have a Loretta Lynn Qualifier on Sunday and practice the Friday before...

slow_joe

Mi. Trail Riders
Oct 9, 2004
MXGirl230 said:
This is depressing...Phil is supposed to have a Loretta Lynn Qualifier on Sunday and practice the Friday before...
I was planning on bringing the kid to race 50 JR. Don't know now. Looks like nice weather for camping at the track.

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
CR250R@WINTERS said:
We are under another winter storm warning for another 6-10 inches of snow for tonight and tomorrow and yet another storm this weekend! Come on Mother Nature………..Give Us a Break! :(

From CNC NEWS

“DR.Ido Pahnick, head of the R.W. Ford Foundation, reports that scientists who have been studying the earths climate, have found that the much publicized Global Warming is being overtaken by an eminent Ice Age. How else to explain the recent late winter snows that have caused postponement of outdoor events? The suggestion of what can be done at this time is – cool it.”

YT1

slowone

Aug 4, 2006
Mr. YT, very nice paragraph! I see TCTrailrider was in Mexico not long ago. I can relate to his climate shock! My wife and I went on vacation to Mexico a couple of years back around the same time. What a bummer coming home to cold and slop. Oh well, tequila works here for helping the blues occasionally as well... :(

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
A little snow didn't stop the SOW riders last weekend. We still went out there and tore it up in 4" of snow and no studded tires. It was a blast. Yea the snow sucks and yea I would MUCH rather be riding in dirt...But I can guarentee you that you will have more fun out riding in the snow than at home riding the couch.

GET OUT AND RIDE.... :ride:

Disclamer...this does not apply to you northern folk that are buried right now. Just to us southern folk that have no more than a dusting. You northern guys just gotta deal with it I guess. Sucks to be you :nener:

MuddyBuddy

Nov 1, 2006
YZMAN400 said:
Disclamer...this does not apply to you northern folk that are buried right now. Just to us southern folk that have no more than a dusting. You northern guys just gotta deal with it I guess. Sucks to be you :nener:

Arghhh! They said we would get 4-6" and it's closer to 8" where we live.

CR250R@WINTERS

~SPONSOR~
May 28, 2004
Yep, a good 6-8" here too. Vowed last week I wouldn't plow again, but had to this morning or the wife wouldn't have made it out the driveway with the 1.5' drifts. :bang:

Top Bottom