Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
I am on the development committee for the new park.

Anyone have an kudos or complaints about BMRA they would like to share?

Also, what amenities would you like to see in Ozona?

BTW, it is 3200 +/- acres of really nice quasi desert riding.

I will be asking for volunteers to help with cutting trail this coming fall. You will have to be a member of TMTC to work on the park, but you will be able to ride free until the park opens. The target date is June '07.

If you have any special (professional) talent you are willing to share, post up. We will be building at least 2~3 buildings, many miles of trails and RV spots.

We will also accept good ol' green backs, if you want to give us some.

mojonito

Aug 24, 2005
:laugh: i have a class III sawyer license so i can cut down any large trees you have a probelm with..... :laugh:

i live in el paso and would love to help- worked on a trail crew in montana for a while so i have some experience. is there somewhere i can look to find some info on the park?

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
mojonito said:
:laugh: i have a class III sawyer license so i can cut down any large trees you have a probelm with..... :laugh:

i live in el paso and would love to help- worked on a trail crew in montana for a while so i have some experience. is there somewhere i can look to find some info on the park?

Well, I didn't know you had to have a license to cut a tree. Go figure ...

No real source of info yet. The land deal is not even closed as yet. Hopefully that will happen in the next few weeks. We expect to be busy getting grants written this month, but will begin the process of laying out trails this summer. The actually physical labor we are planning to push off until the fall because of heat.

I have laid out a series of RV spots and the masterplan includes toilets/showers, pavillions, group camping areas, etc.

Look on the map for Sheffield and Fort Lancaster (about 20 miles west of Ozona). There is a road heading south from 290 at the eastern edge of the Fort. That is CR411 aka Hoover Draw Road. We are about 7 miles south of that intersection, on the east side of the road about a mile in from the road. We are working on buying a strip between the road and the property at the moment as well.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
The only times I've ridden at BMRA on a non-race weekend the trails were not marked well enough to follow. I would say try to avoid that at the new place!

Top Bottom