miScott

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Oct 19, 2003
Has anyone rode Maumee State Forest in Ohio this year?

That riding area is about 4 hours south of Cedar Creek, and bound to have less snow.

Heck there is NO snow showing here at my house, and I'm 3 hours south east of Cedar Creek. :nod:

bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
I'm sure they are fine. I checked out their website the other day. They are open year round and you can ride there with either your MI orv sticker or a plated bike.

team-green32

MAGA
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 27, 2001
Chicago
I heard that Maumee is EXTREMELY whooped out. Why don't you just goto Cedar Creek with my dad and I tomorrow (sunday)? I think a bunch of us are going to meet up there.

miScott

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Oct 19, 2003
team-green32 said:
I heard that Maumee is EXTREMELY whooped out. Why don't you just goto Cedar Creek with my dad and I tomorrow (sunday)? I think a bunch of us are going to meet up there.

Maumee is always whooped out, but it is the closest riding area to us. Cedar Creek is 3 hours away, and I can get to Maumee in an hour or less.

I appreciate the invite though. I was hoping to pull the bikes out of storage and do the spring prep.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Maumee would be about 1.5 hours away for me.... never been there, but noticed a couple of their rules:

1) Speed limit: 25 MPH
2) Kids must be 12 or older.

And how long is the loop?

:think:

miScott

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Oct 19, 2003
Smit-Dog said:
Maumee would be about 1.5 hours away for me.... never been there, but noticed a couple of their rules:

1) Speed limit: 25 MPH
2) Kids must be 12 or older.

And how long is the loop?

:think:

There are 2 loops of about 3 miles each.
It is not technical at all, more like a very large MX track in the woods. (deep sand, big whoops, banked corners)

The two rule you listed above must be new, or never enforced. Some sections I can go flat out on the KDX must be atleast 50 MPH.

There are parts of it that are wide enough to take a jeep down.

The only thing I like about it is that it is close. And the fact that the riding season is about 2 months longer (unless you like to stud your tires and ride in the snow)

I imagine, the trail is completely clear of snow / ice, but haven't been down there yet this season. Which is why I started this thread, to see if anyone on the forum has ridden there yet and knows the current trail conditions. :)

team-green32

MAGA
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 27, 2001
Chicago
Is there any single track?

team-green32

MAGA
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 27, 2001
Chicago
sounds like Bull Gap.