2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
How's the woods on the west side? We got 6" of fluffy white stuff on TDay -1 but it's gone now. Was enough snow to pull the wife/kid behind the quad on a saucer for most of the day (much fun).
I'd like to run Holton/Horshoe & maybe Cedar Creek (if time permits) this weekend (12 4/5). Saturday or Sunday is fine with me. Anyone up for it?'
I'll have to think twice if the snow makes studs a requirement..

Godzuki

Sep 22, 2004
well we got that snow to but its gone around my house here in kzoo, it did however leave the ground saturated, so im guessing those places that were muddy before are that way now. id wait to see what those further up north say. im hoping that somebody is riding this weekend :bang: because im going crazy waiting to ride again. :eek:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
We are clear of snow in Muskegon right now. It snowed Wendsday night but that is all gone now.Time will tell if it will hold out to the weekend without snow but who knows. If the weather holds out i may be in for a ride next weekend.

I would be up for either Cedar or Horseshoe. If I can work it out.

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
Let's plan on HH for Sunday 12/4. Say 10AM at the parking lot?
Anyone have decent directions to this place from the east side (from US 10)? Not been there yet...

Godzuki

Sep 22, 2004
i have no idea how to get to horsy shoe, i know its near cedar ive been there. ill plan on it maybe i can meet yzman and he can lead me there, horse shoe is on my to do list of trails i have rode this year or ever.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
HI Guys!!
I have got a bunch of medical stuff I am dealing with this week so I had to opt out of a trip to Ohio with my Mentor - Young Ted.. I am hoping that I have enough umpph left to at least get a smidgen of a ride in with everyone this Sunday - we will have to see!!
2trackr - follow US-10 West to M-37, turn south (left) on M-37 and follow M-37 South to M-20 (comes in just North of White Cloud - you go thru towns like Baldwin and Brohman before you get to M-20). Take M-20 West to M-120 (when you get to the corner of M-20 and M-120 you will be at the main stop sign in the town of Hesperia, you will see "Daniels" resturant on the right side - turn left/south here). After turning left on M-120, continue south for about 5 miles and you will see a Harley shop on the left and a Honda Shop on the right. Just after you see them you need to turn right on Skeels Road. Follow Skeels Rd. and after you go past a big sweeping corner (about 2 miles) you will see a paved road cross - this will be Holton-Duck Lake Road. Continue past Holton-Duck Lake to the next intersection that crosses Skeels. This will be 184th (because Skeels is a county line road, the sign on the left side will say Schow Rd and the sign to right will say 184th). Turn North (right) on 184th and follow it until you come to the trailhead - it is VERY WELL POSTED and will be on your right hand side!! Keep in mind that 184th has some pretty hefty turns in it as it goes around the lake - just stay on the main road (even though it is gravel, it is a MAIN road for us backwoodsy folks ;) ) and you will be fine.
I hope to be able to make at least some time up there with you to fullfill my duty of showing you around the area!!!
Any problems finding it - give me a call at 231-853-2719.
Hope to see you soon!!
Woodsy :ride:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Scott he's gonna be lost even before he has a chance to ride with you, following your directions! :laugh: :nener:

10:00am Sunday @ Horseshoe huh.... I will try to work it in. Skippy is asleep for the winter so I will be on the yz400 for this ride. Not exactly my weapon of choice for the nasty tight horseshoe but it will have to do.

Godzuki, if you want to meet at my house say 9:00am Sunday that would be fine. Otherwise I can get you detailed directions. It's really not too hard to find.

Weather is looking real promising for this weekend....NOT :bang:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tomorrow night: Partly cloudy skies early giving way to a few snow showers after midnight. Low 31F. Winds W at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 30%.

Thursday: A few snow showers. Highs in the mid 30s and lows in the upper 20s.

Friday: Snow showers at times. Highs in the mid 30s and lows in the upper 20s.

Saturday: Few showers. Highs in the low 40s and lows in the low 30s.

Sunday: Cloudy. Highs in the mid 40s and lows in the mid 30s.

Last edited:

Godzuki

Sep 22, 2004
well im out for sunday and the yz may end up being for sale :| not due to my own doing, but i am related (married to) that which is going to end up costing me more money than we make in a couple of months. im realy damn pissed right now and venting sorry if i offend anybody ahead of time. ill be done riding until atleast next year if not a month or 2 into it, and thats even if i dont have to sell my yz to make it, by the way the xr is still for sale. well ill probably troll the sites for now i hope everybody has a nice holiday comming up, and new year.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
well im out for sunday and the yz may end up being for sale

Dude that sucks. But even if you end up sellin it you can still come out on the ice with us when we go ice riding latter in January. There are always plenty of bikes around for ya to try out. Ya can ride my yz400 around for what its worth on the ice (my ice tire sucks). That way you can still get out of the house and get your MX fix.

In other news.

It is looking pretty white around here right now. Its gonna make Sunday's ride plenty interesting if it stays like this. I am still up for riding in the snow at Horseshoe. I do that all winter anyways so that aint no big thing for me. I may throw a studded front on at the least if it stays snowy just to keep my front tire under me. My rear studded trail tire is outta comision still. We only have maybe 2 inches right now. Just enough to make it interesting but not too terribly slipery.

Godzuki

Sep 22, 2004
well i get to keep the yz :yeehaw: no sellin it, but im outa riding do to fuel cost to get up there, till probably jan, the wife somehow got herself out of the jam she got into, for the most part, but its still going to cost a pretty penny, so ill try to save up enough cash for a tank of gas, to get up there and back for maybe this month some time, unfortunantly the truck needs tires on it to im down to about 1/8 of tread, maybe i can put some gold screws in them :) anyway ill try to hit a ride this month, and one or 2 next month, if im lucky.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Cheer up Godzuki
Personal finances can really be a drag sometimes, espicially around the holidays. Good to hear that its all working out though. Even if you dont get to go this time. There is lots or ridding left (all winter long). There will be other rides.

When your ready I will give you a personal tour of the entire Holton/Horseshoe trail system. Even if it is in 1ft of snow and by headlight :clue:

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Godzuki: Key word for cheap trail rides! Carpool. It's looking like I have a full truck this trip (either my brother or my co worker with the new 450exc will be in my truck or there's. But I'll keep you in mind if I’m running solo. Pm me your phone # Worthy Note you think your truck sucks, what till you see old green! :ohmy:

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
YZ or woodsy is Holton Duck Lake road pavement form Ryerson rd (CC) to Skeels rd? I'm putting together a quick route from Cedar Creek. Kind of a dual sport thing except I'll be in my truck.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Holton Duck lake road is paved.
Skeels road is paved.
184th Ave is dirt.

You turn North on Holton Duck lake road off of M-120. Take Holton Duck Lake Road to Skeels Road. Skeels road is the 2nd stop sign on Holton Duck lake road (the 1st stop sign is right after you turn off 120 and is a train x-ing).

At the 2nd stop sign turn west (left) on Skeels road.

Note: North past Skeels road Holton Duck Lake road turns into 192nd Ave.

The 1st road you come to on Skeels is 184th ave. Turn right (north). 184th is a dirt road and can be slippery as hell when it ices over in the winter.

As you head north on 184th you will pass Roosevelt rd, Webster Rd (on the left), and wind around horseshoe lake to the west before mergeing with Mckinley Road on the north side of the lake. It then turns (sharply) back north to 184th. The staging area is maybe 100 yards down the road on the right hand side.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
YZMAN400 said:
Holton Duck lake road is paved.
Skeels road is paved.
184th Ave is dirt.

You turn North on Holton Duck lake road off of M-120. Take Holton Duck Lake Road to Skeels Road. Skeels road is the 2nd stop sign on Holton Duck lake road (the 1st stop sign is right after you turn off 120 and is a train x-ing).

At the 2nd stop sign turn west (left) on Skeels road.

Note: North past Skeels road Holton Duck Lake road turns into 192nd Ave.

The 1st road you come to on Skeels is 184th ave. Turn right (north). 184th is a dirt road and can be slippery as hell when it ices over in the winter.

As you head north on 184th you will pass Roosevelt rd, Webster Rd (on the left), and wind around horseshoe lake to the west before mergeing with Mckinley Road on the north side of the lake. It then turns (sharply) back north to 184th. The staging area is maybe 100 yards down the road on the right hand side.
YZ, I'm pretty sure how to get there. I just wanted to know if Holton Duck lake road is pavement from Ryerson rd? :think: Ryerson rd is the road Cedar Creek is on. Thanks Yz

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Yeppers Mar, Holton-Duck Lake is paved all the way up and is the quickest paved route up to Horseshoe via Cedar Creek.
Another side note, after you cross M - 120 on Holton - Ducklake you go thru the little town of Holton. About half way between town and Skeels road while heading north on Holton-Ducklake you will cross Brunswick Rd. If you turn left on Brunswick Rd, follow it till it turns to gravel and then take the gravel another 2 miles you will be at the BRAND NEW Holton Loop Trail Head!!
Who says YZMAN is the only one that can produce information overload :nener:

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Overload in process! Woodsy the Berg is going too be street legal this spring, do you have a dual sport trail to HH? If so that would be something I’d like to try!

Godzuki

Sep 22, 2004
70 marlin said:
Godzuki: Key word for cheap trail rides! Carpool. yea i do that when i can i was going to maybe with wolf child hes pretty close, but before, he could even round up a sitter for his kids, i had to cancell, this weeks going to be tight for us, so ill have to bow out this time. ill shoot you the pm tonight after i come back inside i have to do my winter chores today, or i should say trying to prepare for winter. i just got a email from a guy i rode acouple of times with this spring and i hadnt hear from him since, and its looking like he wants to start riding again, hes just west of me. thanks for the offer for the ride sometime ill be taking you up on that. hehe this will be the longest amount of time inbetween rides for me :( well i guess i ll just have more time to prepare for the next ride. :)

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
70 marlin said:
Overload in process! Woodsy the Berg is going too be street legal this spring, do you have a dual sport trail to HH? If so that would be something I’d like to try!

WELL ITS ABOUT DOG GONE TIME!!!! Yea Mar, I have the coolest route you can imagine - we may even end up in Bitely for a burger and on to Baldwin for dinner :rotfl:
I dont know if I would trust that YZMAN or not, something tells me that the potential of getting lost would go right out the window following him - just wayyyy to logical for his own good :laugh:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom