supermike

Apr 29, 2003
i'm not involved in any offroad clubs, but i've been riding for quite a while. Over the past few years haven't done much offroading, but i'm looking to get back into it. I just picked up a bike for my fiance who is also interested in getting started...

What does membership w/ DYDR involve, are there alot of rides, etc?

A little about me:

I ride a 93 KTM 300 EXC (dinosaur) and a 2001 Kawasaki ZX6R (street bike). I picked up an old 1979 xr75 for my girl to learn on, but will probably get her something a bit more modern after a few laps around the back yard. Basically i'm looking for a club that is friendly to women riders and beginers- because thats what my girl is, and i want to get her more involved.

I'm a law student right now (In two years, i'm getting a new KTM :laugh: ) and my fiance is an analyst for a pharma company. We live in NJ. Can we hang out with you guys? :)

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
DYDR is simply a bunch of people from New England, new York, New Jersey, PA, heck even Canada that are DRN members and who get together a couple of times a year for rides.

It's a very loose knit organization. Pretty much anyone can post about a ride in their area, and if anyone is interested, they attend.

Membership involves nothing more than you declairing your membership.

Keith

knobbiethrower

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2000
This Damn Yankee Dirt Rider welcomes all dirt riders.I live north of Albany Ny, have a few places to ride. Next time I plan ongoing to Paragon Pa, I'll drop you a line supermike!

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Yes, welcome! As mentioned we try to get afew big group rides together but most of the time its just local people doing small rides in their neck of the woods. We also try to get together to watch races etc but this year has been alittle tough for everyone. With gas prices and work i havent been able to get out much to Paragon (our home for big rides). Last year i made it out 7 times but only made it 2 times so far this year.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Welcome Mike! These guys have already said it all. I look forward to meeting you on one of our rides. Not sure when it will be but definitely in the Fall sometime. There may be a few others between now and then so watch the places to ride forum and feel free to post a ride if you want to.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Hey Mike,

Give me a shout to go riding (dirt or street). Where in N Jersey are you?

supermike

Apr 29, 2003
where is there to go riding in north jersey anymore? we usually go up to Lembo Lakes, but that place is pretty beat. I'm up for a ride in early August- i might try to make it out to Paragon at some point this summer too.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Lembo Lake scares me. All the trails criss-cross and I was always worried that I'd hit some one :ohmy:

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Theres no where to ride in North Jersey any more, at least not legally. Where in N Jersey are you from, I'm in morris County, and rv6junkie is in Warren county. I'm sure we could find some time to do some riding. There are a few of us going to Paragon on August 7-8 if you wanted to join us, but not really sure how many at this point, and I'm sure there will be a bigger ride in the fall.

supermike

Apr 29, 2003
i grew up in Bergen County, but now I'm living in Union County by Westfield. I have to check my schedule about the 7-8... you guys wouldn't mind if i brought my fiance along who is just learning to ride, would you? i picked up an old xr to get her used to the controls and shifting.... i really want to get her involved, so i'm going to have take it slow for a bit... either way, i might make a day trip out there to have a bit of fun... i'll post up if i can make it out.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Mike-- please! Feel free to bring your fiance along and anyone else. I for one would love to see more women get involved.
These rides are totally informal-- we ride, we BS, eat lunch, ride some more, and then BS around the campfire. It's all fun, no pressure, no schedule. :cool:

Paragon has plenty of trail for beginners on up to experts. I don't think either one of you will get bored over the weekend!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom