what to check after ridin in sand

Casper250

Motosapien
Dec 12, 2000
souphmars said:
just need a little help in this area to make sure i get everything

I ride in sand all the time and there really isn't that much difference when it comes to cleaning the bike after. Sand doesn't stick to anything and will usually fall off from the vibrations of the motor. Just make sure that you have a clean air filter because sand tends to get dusty. Just hose off the bike and you should be good to go :cool:

My sand riding glory:
http://dirtrider.net/teamdrn/showphoto.php/photo/1209/sort/1/cat/500/page/2

souphmars

Mar 8, 2004
i cleaned the bike real good with my pressure washer-i also cleaned the air filter real good-u don't take wheels off and cheack bearings and everything

uts

Jan 8, 2004
I wouldn't worry about the bearings too much. You have done the most important thing, the air filter. If you are real keen to look after your baby you could remove the magneto cover and see if any sand got in there/clean it out. Dirt and stuff in there leads to crank seal damage.

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
If your riding near salt water get it rinsed off with fresh water asap or it's going to rust real fast.

Steve

j_2da_h

Sep 12, 2004
You will probably want to clean out the air filter very good, take off the front fork dust caps and lube them, and clean up the rear shock absorber.

Top Bottom