FatzDan

Dec 24, 2002
Hi guys, I've got a few questions. Right now I have a 2002 yz250f that will need some work before next season, I have an hour meter on it, and it will have about 100 hours of mx riding on the motor at the end of this year. So my option are fixing this bike up or buying new.

2002 yz250f
fmf titanium 4 midpipe + canister
vortex ignition
works connection skidplate + frame guards

needs new plastic + decals
leaky fork seal
slighty bent radiators

This bike has good power, but cornering and handling arn't as good compared to my buddies 03 250f. I will be racing some junior races next year in Manitoba, would an 05 kx250f have less power than my 02 does now?

Should I send the motor away to get checked out and put new piston and rings, and get the suspension revalved?
or should I look at getting a new bike before the value drops on my 2002 too much.

My new bike options are an 05 kx250f (7000 CAD) advantages being great dealer support or a new 04 yz250f with a blow out price of 5900 CAD with OK dealer. Which of these would be the better choice? What is my 2002 yz250f worth?

Thanks for the help.

j_2da_h

Sep 12, 2004
I'd dump your 02 and sell it while it's still worth something and hop onto that 04 250F i got mine for 6500 and 5900's even better! The yamaha fourstrokes are years ahead of the kawasaki's with all their cooling problem you'd be looking at some upgrades, bigger rads, new waterpump and more, so i'd go for the yamaha cheaper and a better bike!
hope it hepls

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom