ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
Just got new dirt bikes for me, my wife and twelve year-old daughter. :yeehaw: But I don't know where the trails are in middle TN/western KY! Help!?! :ride:

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
Cool!

Thanks for the info. I'll chek 'em out. :yikes:

tnrider

Sponsoring Member
Jun 8, 2003
send me a message if you decide to go to windrock - it is basically in my backyard. we will come ride with you - my wife and 10-yr old son ride, have not yet convinced my 7-yr old daughter to ride, perhaps if she sees your daughter riding...

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
That would be great. I think we are trying to schedule for March, when the kids are out for spring break. I don't remember exactly when in March, but I'll let you know when it is closer. We'll probably go for two days and camp or get a room. I may try to sneak out there by myself for a day (w/bike ofcourse) just to scout around! :laugh:
Also looking at Big South Fork.

Last edited:

tnrider

Sponsoring Member
Jun 8, 2003
you can camp for free at windrock area (primitive) or you can camp at the local campground and still ride in/out of windrock (not sure if they have showers in yet - i'll have to check it out). for hotel, book early as oak ridge becomes a zoo in the spring with all the rowers in town (crew) - they will book all hotel rooms at times. i have not been out to big south fork - windrock is just too close and i have yet to see the entire mountain.

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
I went to Windrock on the 15th. Boy am I glad I went to "scout" it out first! :worship: Some of those trails are wicked! And the trail markers were difficult to find (if not impossible). :coocoo: So an on-site guide would be much appreciated when I take my wife and daughter. I'm sure we can all get together and have a great time. Let me know how is the best way for us to organize a ride.

Top Bottom