• yes

Votes: 118 81.4%
  • no

Votes: 27 18.6%

• Total voters

allangee

Jun 26, 2007
First time

Will be winter riding for the first time this year. My brother insists it's the best way to learn how to handle a bike. He has 60 acres of bush with a 5-kilometre trail cut through it, and a clearing where he'll pack down a track.

Don't have a clue what I should where to keep warm, but we'll see.

Help build the Internet's biggest collection of FREE dirt bike tips at DirtBikeBlogger.blogspot.com.

tcuda499

~SPONSOR~
Dec 2, 2007
so far this winter, rode 3 times in an indor mx track. Mototownusa in Ct. nice track, pretty exspensive though, $75 a day for a non member but worth every penny :nod:

ccs

Jan 21, 2008
I love winter riding unless the temps are in the teens or single digits. I used to run my '79 RM125 but it's so lite it's hard to control in snow. I now only run a old TS400 when there's more than 2 inches of snow down.It's heavy, low and just a bear that can tackle almost any conditions.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Great day of riding in the Pine Barrens today. Temps in the 60's with warm sunshine. MOST ice was gone by noon. The fire roads were slippery so we tired to stay off them. The Single track was in decent shape with a few trees down but thats whats fun about single track, when it gets blocked a new trail evolves around the obsticle makeing it more interesting. This was my first real ride of 09 and Im whooped from the sand whoops. Can't wait to get up North into coal country when the weather breaks.

Tdoorn199

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 7, 2010
Yah i ride in the fresh powder snow sometimes, but not much cause it is kinda hard on parts if dont warm it up alot.
I live in central wisconsin

pesky nz

Sep 13, 2010
where I live only gets snow on the ground about every second year but I usually take a day off work and go play, storms never seem to stop on weekends. We do get a lot of chances to ride in the mud so no flashy stickers on my bikes for long. New Zealand's north island is about 1000km long and 400km wide and shaped a bit like a sucked in star so sandy coast is close and so is central mountain (Ruapehue) and has all variations within a one day trip.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Would LOVE to ride NZ. I saw once where they take you on a tour and haul your bike under a chopper in a cargo net. Looks like fun. Best wishes to those trapped miners and there families.

pesky nz

Sep 13, 2010
As you may not be aware about 20 hours ago there was a second and larger explosion inside the mine and there are no longer any hopes of survivors. All of New Zealand and especially families friends workmates etc are greatful of your simpathies in thier time of grief.
It seems wrong to mention but I missed all happenings on Monday and Tuesday while I was out riding with a group of friends. Our ride was very good but unfortunatly have found some of our long time trails have been claimed by a government sponsored mountain bike trail that is to run the entire length of New Zealand.
My troubles were put into perspective by the mining tragedy.
The bikes under the chopper were either one of our rides that encountered rain with 100 bikes at the bottom of a clay hill which churned up and left bikes stranded overnight, the slop was so deap and grease like that we could not even stand up (the trail has since been refered to as helicopter hill) or a ride organised by a bloke called Cameron Jefferies from Taupo who used to take tours in my general area, he would leed everyone down to the riverside and start to strip off and make everyone believe they had to carry bikes on shoulders ( having already organised the chopper ) and then a chopper would arrive To the relief of 99% of people and Cam would make out it was a coincidense .

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Yeah I did here about the second blast. Very sorry to here. Had high hopes after the last few rescues in Pa and Chile.
I think the ride I saw was on a TV show called Dirt Rider Adventures on speed channel. I think they air lifted the bikes from Au to NZ

Top Bottom