Wondering Why Your Dealership Personelle Are So Stunned?

keithb7

Feb 5, 2005
I hear it all the time. My dealership sucks, the people are stupid, they cannot answer my questions, or they always order me the wrong parts! Even better yet, the service department sux. They never fixed my bike and overcharged me. Be it, KTM, Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Seadoo, whoever...There seems to be a stupidity problem all over the place. There are a few exceptions, some places are great. I'll bet that if you find one dealership that is great, you go there all the time. You buy whatever you can from them, even if you own a Honda and the shop is a Suzuki dealership. Yet they look after you. Heck you'll even drive 25 miles further each way than deal with your local idiots. :think:

It comes down to a few simple, yet very powerfull reasons. Money. Cash, Moo-Lah, whatever you want to call it. The majority of the dealers out there pay "Jack Squat Johnny Canuck" for wages. The parts guys are young, and in-experienced, or older and dumb as hammers. Seriously, if you were 40 yrs old and working as a parts guy, and they paid you peanuts, why are you there? Not smart enough to learn better skills to get a better paying job? Too lazy? Couldn't be bothered? If you're young and ambitious, once you get good at your parts job at the dealership, the majority of the smart
guys leave and go someplace else to better working conditions and or pay usually. The people working for little pay that you are dealing with, are bored, don't give a crap about you or your bike, and are not concerned with getting you the correct parts you need ordered. :bang: :bang:

There are of course exceptions to my bold, red-neck statement above. The really good employees flock to the respectable dealerships, they thrive on success, are paid welll, do a great job, and give you great service. By all means support that dealership. Buy your Yamaha parts at the Honda dealer or vice versa.

Don't get mad at your local dealership that you hate to deal with...Get even. Buy somewhere else and tell all your friends how great they are. They'll tell their friends too. Shop at the same great place all the time. They'll get to know you by name, they'll offer discounts, you will be looked after. They'll appreciate your busniness.

That's my rant for the day. My local Honda dealer sux. I hate going there and give them very little of my money. The local Suzuki shop rocks. They see me weekly for all my needs. :)
I'll get off my soap box now..

Keith

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
must be why we have all of these wonderful links on DRN so we don't have to deal with morons.

i_955

Dec 18, 2004
Next month your man at the Suzuki dealer will have a bad dealing with the owner. He will have no where or no one to take it out on but you.

I concur with everything your saying, especially the service area of the dealership. I've heard countless horror stories. Thankfully I have just enough tools to keep my bikes at home.

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
I actually worked at a dealership for one day. ONE DAY! They were as crooked and heartless as I suspected. I walked out and never even came back to ask for pay for that one day. Hell, there was on kid out of about 30 employees who actually knew something about bikes. They had him counting parts in the back room.

dales298

Mostly Useless
~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2003
Last summer I ordered two suspension bolts from my local (5 blocks down) Kaw dealer. When the parts finally came in I had to ask him what I had ordered. We now travel 25 miles to the only dealer who will talk to Jenny, for some reason my home town dealers don't think that she matters and she spends more on her bikes than I will on mine!

sandflyz

Dec 10, 2004
You guys are going about this all wrong. You have to asume that they know nothing. That way, you will go in there with the upper hand. When i order parts i always make sure that when they bring up the drawing on the screen, that they turn the monitor so i can see it and then tell them exactly the # of the part i need. Find out the best way to do something either from friends or places like this "DNR" so you know yourself the correct way something should be done. Then when you talk to the guy behind the service counter you will be able to determine for yourself wether the guy is full of **** or not. If you din't like what you are hearing don't take a chance or you will end up being unhappy and broke and angry. :bang: You have to treat them like car salesman, or the guy at wallmart greeting people as they walk in. Assume they know nothing and 9/10 times you will be better off.
Earlier this spring when i picked up my new CR 250 the guy that sold it to me was a young guy. Told me two or three times to come get my bike when it wasen't ready. Then when i finally got it he had let most the air out of my tires and told me it was for better traction. I think there was about 9 LBS in the front and 10 in the rear. So my first ride which was in a farmers on my way home with it, i hit a rock and dented by front rim because there wasen't enough pressure in the tire. :yikes:I guess this is most the reason for this rant in the first place.
Two weeks later they sent me a customer service review in the mail. I never complained though. Cause if you complain your the ******* customer and the poor guy making $12.00 an hour just gets yelled at.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom