Oct 14, 1999
Kawasaki calls for a plug that retails for over $40. The NGK book lists the same plug and NO exceptions. A call to Kawasaki resulted in their saying to use the expensive plug only.

Has anyone used a more reasonably-priced plug (BR8EIX for example) in this application. Any problems? Thanks.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
The whole year n half I had my '04 KX 125 I never fouled the plug in it not once I only went threw just two plugs and I only swapped it cause I put in a new top end. When I sold the bike plug it had 70 hrs time on it and was still in good shape. btw I ran oem plug I took out of the kx in my '06 YZ 125 for another 40 hrs. I still have it as a spare.

Ngk.com has them for $27-29 a piece I've heard that you can run the EIX's but kawie swapped it out in '04 to the more exspensive plug that motor got some good harmonic vibrations. The EIX's electrode tips where breaking off if ran to long in it. Say you swap two EIX's at what are they now $10 a piece your getting like 30 hrs on them you break about even.

The other thing about the plugs is thier NGK's top of the line plug they claim thier made in lower batches and have higher quality control. Along with a thicker heavier electrode it suppose to not foul as quickly or break.

I took a nice :uh: when I got my '04 KX new when I saw that price also. Droping the main two sizes to a #400 the needle to #2 clip pos and going down one on the pilot and adjusted the air screw back to 1.5 turns out. helped leaned it up some stopped fouling it's alittle rich stock. the Vforce 3 was a good mod it helped it carburate crisper. I'm not so sure the pro circuit pipe was though. The stock is a replica of the PC pipe.

05 kx 125

Sep 26, 2006
i have a 05 kx 125 i am looking for reeds does andybody know which ones give more improvement the v force or boyesee reeds and does the stock gearing work the best all round. because my 1st and 2nd hit hard but 3rd 4th 5th flat but 6th hits pretty good on a good stretch any suggestions. thank you

Top Bottom