bschleuning

Aug 20, 2003
I, like many others are swithching from a kx125 to a kx250f, quality control on new machines in my opinion is fairly weak, should be gettin the bike any day, everyone says im crazy to tear down the rear suspension and grease it, should the valves be checked also, also kawi recommends that 7 dollar a qt oil, anyone use any other kind of oil? thanks

Britt Boyette

Aug 16, 2004
bschleuning said:
I, like many others are swithching from a kx125 to a kx250f, quality control on new machines in my opinion is fairly weak, should be gettin the bike any day, everyone says im crazy to tear down the rear suspension and grease it, should the valves be checked also, also kawi recommends that 7 dollar a qt oil, anyone use any other kind of oil? thanks
Do it anyway. Also, remove the adjustment screws for your axle blocks and apply some antiseize to them. They may corrode and become impossible to adjust or worse yet, strip out the aluminum thread in the swingarm. While your at it, do the front end too. I use Belray waterproof grease with great success. Add a light coat to your axles too.
Don't worry about the valves right now. You may want to check them at the 10 hour mark to see how it's going. When you do, write down what they were and when it was done. Also, install a $40 Dr. D hour meter. Then you always know your engine run time.
As for the oil, right now I could'nt tell you because my Honda has a seperate trans/ engine oiling system. You may want to check out Thumper talk and find out what everyone's running in their 06/07 KX250Fs.

bschleuning

Aug 20, 2003
Ya, i used nothing but amsoil in my 2 stroke, and i get a good deal on it, so i'll probably use, the 10/40 synthetic, what about break in on the engine? also i used to wash the kx with a spray water hose and wash everything carefully, anything i need to be careful about in washing the 4 stroke, i never use a pressure washer,,thanks

Top Bottom