JimDanger

Jun 7, 2006
Living in Japan, these things are all over the place. Many people use them as an everyday vehicle, which I'm also hoping to do. I've run into a little problem however in that I don't read Japanese!! This makes any of the owner or tech manuals I find over here useless. I tried googling for specific information on the CRM 250R, but find very little if anything (**** for parts included). So that brings me here with a few questions.

Does the Honda CRM 250R have a close US relative? Something that can be compared to when trying to find/order parts, or whose construction might be the same?

I'm looking specifically for any type of owner's manual or service guide in English. Are there any companies that make their own manuals, like Chiltons does for cars?

Everything that I've read about two-strokes indicates they wear a tear a lot quicker than their 4 stroke counterparts. What are some manufacturers or replacement or even aftermarket parts that are compatible with the CRM 250R. Most of the sites I've seen don't even mention this type of bike, probably because it's a 90s bike and really only popular in Japan.

I've been reading a lot of stuff online about the general working of a two-stroke, especially at stupid spam filter won't let me post it

My problem comes more in where the parts are actually located on the bike. I'm not a mechanic, and this is my first bike so I'm trying to shorten the learning curve while making sure my bike is properly maintained. If anyone happens to have some info, I would appreciate it so much.

Thanks and happy riding!

Jim

JimDanger

Jun 7, 2006
AnTs said:
Ive never heard of a " crm " but their is a cr250r.

When I searched google, it even suggested that maybe I was looking for a CR 250R. The title of the bike, the decals, everything says CRM 250R. I wonder how similar the CR and CRM 250R is, if not the same thing, just referred to differently in Japan.

Pete Payne

MX-Tech Suspension Agent
Nov 3, 2000
The CRM's were a case reed 2-stroke 250 much like the 2002 and up CR 250 . Believe it or not I have 1 of these at my shop that a customer that was in the Marine corp. bought while he was stationed over in Okinawa . The crank was bad and the customer abandoned it .

JimDanger

Jun 7, 2006
Pete Payne said:
The CRM's were a case reed 2-stroke 250 much like the 2002 and up CR 250 . Believe it or not I have 1 of these at my shop that a customer that was in the Marine corp. bought while he was stationed over in Okinawa . The crank was bad and the customer abandoned it .

Do you know what year it is? I'm sure mine is the 91-93 Mk 2. What are your plans for it?

Thanks,
Jim

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Jim,

You need help from some of our Brisith members. I know that the CRM 250R (AR, MK1, & MK2) were imported into the UK. I remember reading about them in TBM when I lived there in 98 - 99. There seemed to be lots of people who used them as enduro bike and green laning trails bikes since they were fully road registered.

Hope this helps.
Tim

slickpuss

Sponsoring Member
Jan 19, 2002
I rode with a guy that had one one time. I think it was yellow and white if I remember correctly, and like purple graphics. It didnt really look much different than the normal CR line except it appeared to be powered with lights. Maybe even a battery. It just seemed like a wide ratio version of a CR. I would imagine that the parts would be pretty easy to get just as any honda model.

That guy that I rode with may use this site. I thought he said that he bought it off of Dave Woods, who uses this site.

Top Bottom