Congrats to IrishEKU on the Avatar!

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
I can't think of a better person to receive this avatar. After the latest contributions you have made to the site, you fully deserve the custom avvy.

irish.gif

Congrats Big Bear! :thumb:

Last edited:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Whoa! Nice one!! Congrats Irish. :thumb:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Spot On!!

You are truly deserving of this fine Avatar, way to go BIG GUY!!!

:thumb:

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
It fits the moron perfectly, except he seems to have his head quite further up his ass than the avatar shows.
After I admonished him on his post to Kav, I got berated about how he is a leader. I informed the retard that receiving a commission has nothing to do with being a leader.
I was going to blow him off as I usually do but this has been bothering me since he PM'd me.
I would not under most circumstances ever post someone's PM but in this case, you can see that he say's he is going to post it himself.

Notice he can't even get my name correct. Just proof of who and what this guy is:

I can appreciate your aversion to me but if you had spent any time in the administration of public saftey you would understand that is what needed to be said. Further more in the military mindset that I know KAV is in he needs reenforcement that he or his family did nothing wrong.

Steve,

You and I have had an, how do I put this, a disagreement of views. I don't fault that at all, and welcome spirited debate. In this case which I NEED to respond too, you are wrong. A military mind needs to be told the whole truth, not sugar coated like you would have prefered me to. KAV is a soldier, who is confronted with death dailey in his area of operations, not near his home of record. He doesn't need to recognize the death of some poor son of a gun that he used to know that commited the most reprihensable( sp?) act known to man, at least according the Bible.

If you accuse me of anything, please do so of bad taste, not common sense...... He has enough on his mind like land mines, un exploded ordinance and gurrelas (SP?) than thinking of some miserable son of a gun who decided that a bullet or a drug was an easy way out for his problems.

I'm sorry if I shoot straight. But the responsability of any leader wheather it is in the private sector or in the Military is to tell your subordinates the truth. You can either edit your comment or I can post this, one thing remains, sugar coat it or tell it like it is. I prefer to be truthful.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I tend to stay out of these things; but this time Irish, you way overstepped your bounds. Military mindset or not. What you wrote was, at best, in poor taste. I don't think I've read horseshiet the likes of which you put out yesterday in a long time. I hope to never read anything like it again. It disgusted me.

Wear the bung-vatar well. You've earned it.

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
PapaKeith,

Its an Asstar, not a bung-vatar! Get it right! :P

After reading that crap that he PM'd "Steve," he is even more deserving of this this "award." Its one thing to say nonsensical stuff on the boards, but to show no compassion, for a "brother" of the military as he calls him, is ridiculous. If he was truly ever a "brother," Irish would see that he needed an ear, not a slap in the face, or the truth as his limited mind called it. Even a military mind has a heart and feelings.

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Originally posted by Milk
Its an Asstar, not a bung-vatar! Get it right! :P
I was hoping it was maybe a banishment-vatar.
It's the whole "I'm a leader" crap that gets me. If this kid were to ever have to lead our sons in action (God forbid) I get the feeling a friendly piece of 7.62 would tumble his way. Man grow up.
:|

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
OK so Irish feels (I can't really use "thinks" since he obviously doesn't) it needs to be told like it is.

:think:

OK. Irish it seems you have spent too much time watching Mail Call and have burned through multiple copies of Full Metal Jacket. The cold hard fact is you seem to be more akin to Frank Burns in M.A.S.H.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Irish,

A couple years ago I worked for a great man. He was retired US Army Airborne. He retired as a full bird Colonel and at one time served under Colin Powell when Powell was with the Joint Chiefs.

That man is a leader. That man understands the public. That man understands humility. That man understands character.

My father also served in Vietnam and received a full body cast, more scars than I have hair, a few purple hearts and was sent back in. He served his country well and when he retired he took a job as a contractor doing the same job at the same base he retired from.

My father had someone close to him attempt suicide. He fully understands the mindset of a service man and one who needs support and help.

That man is a leader. That man understands the public. That man understands humility. That man understands character.

My Grandfather served with the 10th Mountain Division in World War II. He chewed the same dirt as Bob Dole when Bob Dole got wounded and lost his arm. He was awarded the Bronze star during that campaign (watch the History Channel's Winter Warriors for some reference).

My Grandfather laid in his casket as we all awaited to go out to pay our respects when a father and daughter who had been estranged for 18 years were re-united and given the opportunity to rekindle and repair a relationship. My Grandfather from his casket has done more good for humanity than you appear to do with your posts.

He too has dealt with suicide in his life from people close to him.

That man was a leader. That man understood the public. That man understood humility. That man understood character.

I have someone close to me who once attempted suicide. He did not do it for sympathy, he did not do it to hurt anyone, he did it for reasons you nor I will fully understand. He now is very successful, has repaired the damage he has done to his family and become a self-made man.

I believe him to have more leadership, character and humility than you show in your posts.

I am but a goof. I am nothing more than a man behind a computer screen. But through those leaders above and many more that I have met I have learned honor. I have learned humility (even when it is hard to see) and I hope to one day achieve 10% of the character they have.

I humbly ask yourself to learn. To listen. To go back and find a true leader and a true person of respect. I just hope you have not lost too much already so as not to recognize one when you see one.

Ivan

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Ivan, :worship: Very well put!!

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by IrishEKU
I always worried when I would become a part of the "Waste of ASCII" crowd. I must be blessed in some way though I know I almost crossed the line a few times.

Regards,

Irish

Does this last episode qualify as a "waste of ASCII?""

I vote EXILE.....or THUNDERDOME!

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
There is a certain danger here....the Avatar might actually be taken as a genuine compliment. It's happened before... :silly:

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
After T H I S thread, Click H E R E I thought he may have learned a valuable lesson. I can't say that I always appreciated your threads Irish, but some were entertaining or amusing. The latest was definitely not. I can appreciate honesty, I can appreciate someone's opinion whether I agree with it or not, but sometimes it is just better to keep your mouth shut. I hope you stay around, but I also hope you learn when "less is more".

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
That AV doesn't do him justice. Where's the brown smear on the nose?

Sorry Irish, but you've crossed the line WAY too many times with your GI Joe-wannabe attitude. Your ROTC training gives you no right to act like an a-s-s towards people to make yourself appear high and mighty. I have never been so disgusted with someone in uniform in my life and that's saying a LOT. Leave or stay, I couldn't care less. Just stay away from me.

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
You know, since ol' Irish has been back, I have laid low and kept my mouth shut. I knew it would only be a matter of time before he shot himself in the foot again.

what an assclown

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
I still remember the day I earned my avatar. Very, very special to me.

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
At this point, I think I am probably glad I have a "special" one.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I though that Smitty was just into diving? :) Actually that is what I thought at first (I guess the story was before my time). I read about it in a thread not to long ago and it just clicked as to what the goggles were for.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Sometimes "freedom of expression" is a wonderful thing :think:

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
Originally posted by IrishEKU
I Don't dwell on his action, he chose to end his life in a violent/non viloent way, he really doesn't deserve your remorse aside from pity that he didin't seek help.

First of all, what the hell did that mean? Violent/non violent? OK. I was not aware that you could be both at the same time. I think that Irish's attempts to sound intelligent have once again fallen sadly short of the mark.

I had to go back and read that whole thread again because I was in total disbelief. Irish, go the hell away and don't come back again. If I were Kav, I would highjack an F-14 and fly my ass back here and drop a bomb or two right on your dumb ass for saying something like that. What kind of tool would sit there and tell a guy that the cat he looked up to all of his like was a worthless POS? You must have crap for brains boy because anyone with more than one cell up there would have thought before posting such a stupid remark. Here this guy is over there defending your ROTC butt and you jack him in the jaw with that nonsense. Get back to the cafateria line junior because you crap is no longer needed here!!!!

Good day.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom