WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Im planning on arriving @ 5pm Thursday if all goes smooth on the road trip. I did the top end on my bike, just need to get some gas and run it through a few heat cycles. :ride: Time to start my pile of camping stuff now. :)

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Not sure when i will arrive. I probably wont get off work til 11pm or so on wednesday. I thought about leaving in the middle of the night and stopping at a truck stop in WV. Its only a 6 or 7 hour drive but i have to go through Pittsburgh and its all tore up with road construction. So if i leave during the day i will hit rush hour traffic and construction making the trip more like 8 or 9 hours. Plus it would be nice to be setup and relaxing for most of thursday at the campsite.

Anyone want to make a list of stuff we're bringing? Maybe we each could bring one of the bigger items so we all dont have to hual a ton of stuff. I know Gary mentioned a BQ. I could see about bringing one for the group to use. Also have a ton of firewood for the campfire. Anyone have a Pressure washer? I'm bringing my 10x20 canopy with sides just incase of you know what. Just rambling. Must be time to head off to bed.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Nevermind on the pressure washer. I see the campsite doesnt allow you to wash bikes or vehicles on the site.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Guess i wont be leaving til thursday morning. I see you cant check in til after 3pm. That sucks! Pk, you want us to findout what site is yours so you know when you arrive in the morning? You can call sometime thursday night to find out. Just so you guys know incase you run into trouble on the way down, my cell phone is (814) 541-3727. That way if your close i can come get you. Otherwise i will just order you pizza like the Dirtweek road trip of 2001. :)

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
TJ, you read my mind. Thanks for the offer. I was hoping to leave RI around 5pm Thursday. With luck we can get Rob out of work a couple of hours earlier. He will be sick *cough cough* and will probably need to go home early.
Either way, what you suggested should work perfectly.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
We are leaving at noon or 3pm, depending on my friend Dave's sons (Lee) school schedule. As of now, Lee has some week long state tests so It might be 3pm before we hit the road. It is a 9 hour drive for us, so we will not arrive until mid-night. I'm hoping we can hit the road at noon!

My cell phone number is (908) 337-2715

Other than a tent, sleeping bag, 10x10 canopy, and a cooler...I don't own a lot of camping stuff (I've only camped once in my life - last year at Wardy's - and Rooster did ALL of the cooking). Dave mentioned that he has a propane grill, so we are planning on hamburgers, dogs & chicken.

Too bad Rooster can't make this one too :)

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Well if Dave has a propane grill i'll just bring the microwave since i have electric. It makes life so much easier. :)

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
We will - rain or shine (it's looking like we're gonna get wet).

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
CO, what route are you taking.

Best I can figure is 95 to 66 to 81. 800 miles right around 11 hours or so.
We hope to be leaving around 3 pm. Probably closer to 5 once we get the three of us packed in and rolling.

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Noooooo rain.
The forcast I found is 77 friday, mostly cloudy, 20% chance of precip. 62 Saturday, partly cloudy, 10% chance of precip. I am bringing an electric skillet for pancakes. I also have a gas camp stove for frying up some camp potato mix, and whatever else comes its way.

Gary or Keith, on the DRN home page, there is a calender that this ride never made it to. Do you know if its to late?

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
dates are entered in the Calender.

Finally finished getting my bike together tonight. After sitting since January, it fired, first kick. No BS. I'm ready for this weekend :yeehaw:

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Well guys looks like I'm out :bang: I've gotta go to a funeral on Friday. I'm also down to 1 bike since my KTM was stolen this past Friday nite, along with 2 others in town. They recovered the bike, but I wont see it till Wednesday since they were going to try to dust it for prints tomorrow and said I could pick it up Wednesday. They tell me it doesnt look like there is anything wrong with it, but I guess I'll find out. So I dont know if that bike will be ridable for the weekend anyway, and the cannondale needs suspension work, which I will probably do tomorrow. I'm really gonna miss this ride since I was looking forward to riding somewhere new, but guess I have to wait for the spring ride at Paragon now. Hopefully I can at least get to Paragon on Sunday if the rain goes through here before then.

Have fun guys and I wanna see pics...and lots of them :nod:

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
PK, My flight plan is different than yours. It looks like you'll take 95S to 66W to 81S to 64W. I'll take 78W to 81S (way North of where you are getting on) to 70W to 68W to 79S to 64W to 119S. In total, I should be about 560 miles - 9 hours. I think TJ's route will be about the same as mine (except for the NJ part).

It looks like I'll be getting on the road earlier than I thought last week. My friend Dave wrenched his back bad on Sunday and doesn't think he'll be able to make the trip. The good news is that I can get on the road at noon. The bad news is that Connor will not have any other kids to ride with.

Dan, that is both bad news and great news regarding your KTM. I hope it looks good when you do get it back. Make sure the cops throw the book at the bas-turds.

I see the forcast is improving. When I checked it on Sunday it was all rain. Now it's starting to look sweet :)

TJ, I'll see if I can still get my hands on Daves grill. It's new, so I hate to ask.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
dammit dan that sucks. Glad you're gonna get it back though
Remember, you had new plastic just put on, new tires, chain sprockets, excel rims, sdg seat, some form of aftermarket exhaust, and it's all wrecked now. they need to pay restitution!

Junk, I thought about taking 287 down to 78 to 81 . You think that would be faster? I'd miss New York City and a couple other cities actually. Hmmmm

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Keef, considering that you are leaving at 3pm, you do not want to be going through NYC or Philly during rush-hour traffic. While I think that 95 down to 66 might be the shortest route, the Cross Westchester to the Tapanzee on 287 to 78W might be fastest. Not only that, but you will avoid Baltimore and Washington too. That’s always a good thing.

If you leave after 3PM you're going to hit all of the rush-hour traffic on 95 on the way to the NYC area.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Yeah, I know.

I usually go over the tappen zee and avoid NYC I'll probably do the same this time.
The way these guys are, I doubt we'll leave RI before 5:00

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Dudes! are you stoked! Im stoaked! Dan, you gotta find a way to get down here. Bring that Cannondale down. Did your bike get pinched in Hazelton or at home?
I am bringing tools, I will see if I can shoe horn my welder on board, I will bring charcoal and a grill rack for the fire pit. Ill bring hot dogs, PB&J, chips, nothing fancy, maybe some ribs, patatos. I can leave anytime Thursday, Ill try to be on the road by 10 or 11am, dont think I will be able to sleep much :) . The bike is ready and Ill start packing the van tonight. Ill will sleep in the van but I will bring an extra tent in case its needed and some tarps to put on the van for front and back poarches incase it rains :nener: .
I invetoried my camel back pack last night and checked all my safty gear, space blanket, compas, steril pad, power bars, fishing hooks, flashlight, and lighters in a water proof zip lock bag. Mcgiver is ready to hit the woods :aj:
Oh yeah, Ill bring my digital camera and laptop to DL the card so its ready for the next day :nener:
Dude, Im stoaked, I need this ride!
Oh yeah, 215 892 7721 cell #. I think Ill try to start before all you so if I break down I can flag you down :ohmy:

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
So Jason, are you ready?

Looking forward to riding/camping with you :cool:

M

Mr. nobody

Wish I could make it Jason, but the bike wasnt the thing keeping me from going, its the funeral I have to go to on Friday thats stopping me, short of somebody dropping a bomb on WV and whiping it off the map, this is the only thing that would keep me from this ride, hell if it was just the bike issue, I would have a new ATK sitting in my garage already waiting to go.

As for who ever stole the bike, they still havent caught anybody. there have been a few dirtbikes as well as some bicycles and other assorted stuff stolen around town lately. Many of the bicycles and mine and one other dirtbike did turn up just abondoned for some odd reason.....I think mine may have stopped running since whoever stole it apparently never turned the gas on...unless he was thoughtful enough to turn it back off before he left it....but nobody ever said criminals were smart. I even tryed to post on here about it being stolen in case anybody happened to see it since it does stand out, but i couldnt sign on to DRN until last night, and had troubles again today.

Have fun on this ride, and I'll be wishing I was there with you, especially since you should have nice weather there while it rains here all weekend

And it wont let me sign in so I guess I will be Mr. Anonomous if this post actually makes it......ahhhh the joys of modern technology

Dan

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Well this will be my last post on here unless i can access it from home tonight or tomorrow morning. I think i will be heading out around 10am so should be there by 4 or 5pm. I'm packed, have both sides of the truck loaded with cut fire wood so i can atleast keep one fire ring going all weekend.

Gary, dont worry about bringing a grill. Between Jason's little grill and the site says they have grills for the fire pits. Most of my food is microwavable. :) Oh well, off to work then to bed. I'll put the rest of my gear in the truck in the morning.

Oh and the weather i saw was rain Thursday-Sunday with chance of snow on Sunday. Atleast the day time temps will be nice for riding (high 50's to mid 60's).

Have a safe trip everyone. PK, call us sometime in the evening thursday for your campsite.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Rain is good for you. It keeps me and my bike clean. Of course it did get all my firewood wet tonight. :think:

Hey, i was reading the message board on the Hatfield site and it looks like cell phones dont work anywhere out there. If you cant get me just look for my truck wake me up when you get there.

Top Bottom