JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Treejumper, just put an invisible dog fence colar around your neck and put the sensors on your elbows and knees. that way you remember to keep your head and elbows up and out and stay agressive on the bike :rotfl: .

Last edited:

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Ok, time to start getting serious about this :laugh: :laugh: . Looking at the map, Im thinking 81 to 77 to 52 to the camp ground. Anyone got a better route? I see 68 to 79 to 119 and 80 Wv, but I have never been on any of those roads and doubt anting is faster than 81.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
JasonJ said:
I see 68 to 79 to 119 and 80 Wv,

Thats the later half of my trip to. I cant take 81 unless i want to go afew miles out of my way. ;)

I'm in need of this trip! Working 2 jobs sucks so i cant wait to have afew days off in a row. Today was in the 60's and sunny and i had to view it from inside my truck or the plant. :( Good news is my bike fired up on the 3rd kick (even with old gas) after sitting since December. :cool:

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
my bike took a dozen kicks to fire up after sitting all winter....then I remembered to take the exhaust plug out and it fired up with one more kick
...the other bike fired up with 1 finger :nener:

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I need to get my fork seals replaced...better do that TONIGHT!

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Wow, my 10 year old must be really amped for this ride. He actually started wrenching his own bike...first time I've ever seen that. Hopefuly we can get a ride or two in before this event.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
started finishing up my winter maintenance last night
couldn't find the damned fork seals I bought three months ago. ARrrrrghh
CO, am I all set for a site, or do I need to call the camp ground?

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Like I mentioned above, I'd be happy to make the reservations, but to date I only have the following confirmations:

TJ
PK
Walt
JasonJ
CO

ANy others...now's your time. I think Scooter and Trigger want in too.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
nope not me I am probably only riding Saturday and going to Southwick on Sunday

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Yeah Dan...check the thread and repost your answer.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
ok so I was at the wrong thread :bang: But no camping for me at this one either I'm sleepin in a nice cozy bed at the motel :fft: I know I'll miss half the fun but I have never been able to get into the camping thing

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Dont forget to book a queen size bed Dan. That way Nancy can crash with you. Oh wait, she's not coming on this ride. :)

Jeff, i'll look into going to Tops if we have time. Thanks!

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
scooter1130 said:
ok so I was at the wrong thread :bang: But no camping for me at this one either I'm sleepin in a nice cozy bed at the motel :fft: I know I'll miss half the fun but I have never been able to get into the camping thing

Ok, we gotta break you in some time. We will bring a tree into your room, put it in the corner, and pee on it. Light a fire on the floor, and spill beer on your bed. At some point in the night we will be introducing some sort of wildlife into the camp site as well so make sure you dont keep any food out in the open :rotfl:
Took the WR out of the van and started dusting it off, Hey, did you know there is a Yamaha sticker on the swing arm of this thing???? Is that stock?

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
The following message was sent to Twin Hollow today. Let me know of any changes, additions or deletions. Dave is a friend of mine...not IT_Nancy.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Donna,

Back in early March we corresponded about a group camping at your campsite. We would like to reserve 3 campsites for 3 nights each from Thursday, April 21 to Saturday, April 23rd. The group will be leaving Sunday morning. Please note our guest list:

Campsite 1
DRN - Gary (2 people)
DRN - Dave (4 people)

Campsite 2 - water & electric
DRN - Chuck (1 person)
DRN - Jason (1 person)

Campsite 3 - water & electric
DRN - Keith (2 people)
DRN - Walt (3 people)

I am assuming that we only need 3 campsites for the six vehicles. Please confirm by return.

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Gary,
I need a spot myself, the rules you posted said 1 vehicle plus 1 trailer = 1 spot. (post#68)

Do we have an address and phone # for twin hollow campground?

mafols

Sponsoring Member
Nov 24, 2001
Hey Gary,
It looks like the tally for our group will be 7. We'll be arriving about noon on Thursday and will probably need alittle rest after driving all night(...ouch). We'll drive over to the camp ground sometime in the afternoon to say hello to everyone (really looking forward to it.... :) )
This past weekend we were able to make a trip to our usual spot and tried out the new helmet cam....the video was awesome.We should get some great footage with the whole group :nod:
Only one week away :yeehaw:

Matt

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Walt, I spoke to Gary about this yesterday. My group will be 3 and we will have a camper, so by their rules that pretty much excludes anyone else sharing a site with us.

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
OK, I will get 4 total spots, one each for Keith & Walt, and shared spots for the rest.

Directions can be found at the Twin Hollow web site http://www.twinhollowcampground.com/map_&_directions.htm

Walt, I don't know if you will be traveling South on I-77 of East on I-64. If you are heading South on I-77, the directions from Charleston are perfect. If you are heading East on I-64, I wouldn't go all the way to Charleston, I would go as far as Huntington, and then go South on 10, picking up the directions from Charleston you would take 10 South to Man, WV. Take Rt. 80 south 11.8 miles to Gilbert, WV. Take 52 north through Gilbert 1.7 miles. Twin Hollow entrance second right past Gilbert Middle School.

The physical address for Twin Hollows is:

Route 52
Gilbert, West Virginia 25621

(304)664-8864

BTW, I just did a Mapquest search. It looks like if you are traveling South on I-77, you still need to get on I-64 West for 1.5 miles in order to pick-up 119 South.

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I spoke with Wayne at Twin Hollows. We are all set for camp sites.

Me and my buddy Dave will share a site without services.

TJ and Jason will share a site with electric and water.

PK has his own site with electric and water.

Walt has his own site with electric and water.

All of the sites have been held on my credit card. Wayne has been notified of late arrivals for PK and myself. I will be there around 10PM.

I'm really looking forward to this.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I will probably be rolling in around 4am Friday morning.

:yeehaw:

all I need to do is get my bike working now :)

Thanks for doing the legwork on this one junk!

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Did he by any chance say if the 3 utility sites were together? Just wondering if we will have a hangout section where we dont piss off too many neighbors. :)

Top Bottom