Zsolt67

Jun 10, 2002
In my quest to get back to racing cheaply as possible, I may have to go with a Chrysler Minivan to get my bike around. First before you say " Mini Van!! I wouldnt be caught dead in a mini van" The van is free as in no money, zero. My girlfriend bought a new one, and she gave this on to me. No my question is should I by a trailer or a bike carrier, actually the van would be great cause I can set up the inside to hold all my crap, water tank power washer stuff like that. I always had full size GMC and Ford vans before. Can this little van handle a bike on its bumper? Or should I stick with the trailer for less load on the tougue? Thanks

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I would think either would work fine. If you added some heavy duty shocks to the van the bumper carrier would be fine. I like the trailer myself. You can pickup a 4x8 light duty utility trailer for around $200. Add a sheet of plywood and your setup. I use my LD 4x8 regularly and have had no problems with it.

fhweec

Dec 7, 2022
You mentioned that you're trying to return to racing as cheaply as possible, and the only option you have at the moment is to use a Chrysler minivan to transport your bike. You want to clarify that the van is free of cost, as your girlfriend gave it to you. Now, you're contemplating whether to use a trailer or a bike carrier to transport your bike with the minivan. You believe that the van may be suitable for your needs as you can set it up to carry all your equipment inside. However, you're unsure if the minivan can handle a bike on its bumper or if you should use a trailer to reduce the load on the tongue. Can you provide some advice or recommendations on which option is better suited for transporting your bike with the minivan?
You mentioned that you have a Chrysler minivan that you plan to use to transport your bike and equipment for racing. You're considering whether to use a bike carrier or a trailer to transport your bike, and you're wondering if the minivan can handle a bike on its bumper or if you should stick with the trailer for less load on the tongue. Can you provide some insights or recommendations on the best option for transporting your bike with your minivan?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom