TxCr250

Aug 24, 2006
Hello everyone, My name is Ryan and I live in Dallas Texas by way of Virginia/North Carolina. I started riding bikes at around the age of 8 and started racing around 12-14 in AMA District 29. I was riding a 1983 cr80. There was a great place to ride off of Fredom drive which was called "the u-haul". Because it was right behind a U-haul van rental shop. It was there that I met a kid on a YZ-80 that friggin blew me away. Doing double's and was really fast on the small track. Well turns out this kids name was Damon Bradshaw lol. He and I would see each other there from time to time when he wasn't racing around and he talked me into racing at the Metrolina Fair grounds that weekend. Well unknown to me, at the time, they had a "celebrity" racer that was going to be revealed that day. Turns out that was the one and only David Bailey. Now I had watched all of the motocross on tv at the time and loved the old battles between him and Ricky Johnson. David was my hero, I didn't like Ricky's cockyness and when David would win he was very garacious about it. His humble and modest attitude appealed to me and he was/still is a role model for me! This was back when he wore the orange JT racing stuff and his JT AFS1 helmet, an open face helmet at that, but had the old "winged" Scott face shield, those of you that are old enough, know what I'm talking about. Back then that helmet and face gaurd were "the bomb"!. Brock Glover, Ron Lechien all wore them. (off topic but I want the David Bailey One industries kit!) But I met him before I raced and he told me to just "go out and have fun!", and that's what I did until Hank Moree ran my front tire out from under me and I went down hard! That was about the end of my racing days, not because of the injury but mom refused to pay for anymore entry fee's ha ha. Kinda hard to cough up cash when you're not even old enough to drive. Well after that I rode a few more years for fun and eventually sold my bike and had dreams of buying another one......"some day". Well I'm now 35 years old and I finally got the bike of my dreams an 06 Honda Cr250r. Got a hell of a steal on it because nobody wants 2 strokes anymore *cries*. But after growing up on a CR I didn't want a four stroke, Cr baby! tried and true, I love the sound, smell and rev of a 2-stroke, call me an old timer but lifes too short to compromise! Get what makes you happy and have fun! So I've been having a blast riding on the weekends now, yes even in the 105 temp's down here in Texas. I hope to make some new friends on here and maybe meet a few of you if I'm lucky, but that's my story in a nutshell so we'll see ya in the threads! PEACE!

Last edited:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Howdy from the DFW Metromess and welcome to the site :cool:

Have you completely filled out your info in your CP? Be sure and do so. After that grab a spot on the couch.

Great write up!!!

Check out the North Texas Smack Pack forum for opportunities to hook up with some fellow DRNers that reside mostly in and around the DFW Metromess.

Have a question? Try search and you might find a plethora of information in the database. If not, post your question and you will likely get some very knowledgeable responses, sprinkled with a bit of humor.

Again, welcome to DRN. We hope you enjoy your stay here and come back often!

Top Bottom