Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Shoot, I stole the cigarettes from my dad. Marlboro reds. When he finally caught me, he threatened to call the cops and have me arrested for theft.

<cough, cough> Just thinking about smoking a red makes me feel ill :ohmy:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
man, can you imagine that today?

gives whole new meaning to the powerpuff girls . . .

plykins

~SPONSOR~
Apr 6, 2002
Not to show my age, but I bought cigs in the commissary while stationed in England for $1.80 a carton. Seems nobody has mentioned the amount of money we will all save. For me it will be about $100 a month. That's a lot of dirt stuff!!!! :yeehaw:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Okiewan said:
Yeah, I think we need a forum with no "bad word" censor.... a place to come at yell at each other for this quitting idea.

I REALLY hope this house sells before then, but on a positive note... I'm here alone (Scooter is in an apartment in Dallas) so that "bad week" or two may be by myself. While I wont have any in-house support, I'll depend on you guys :). Plus, I won't end up sleeping in the garage.

Good luck Bob. It'll be worth the effort. :cool:

OldassKDX

Nov 9, 2000
Funny thing, I never could place a number on how many packs I went through because I always rolled my own. A bit drifter-esque, and maybe more romantic sounding, but probably even worse for the lungs. For what its worth, I resisted today when my rommate rolled up a good looking little ciggy.....grabbed some coffee and sat down to write a report. As long as I can kee up distracting myself this shouldn't be too bad.

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
HA! sorry but a week, either i am an a$$hole all the time, or it took like 2 months after I quit like that to get back to my "cheerie" self.

and yep it does tug once in a while for sure.

wardy

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Midnight tonight, it's over.

muddy226

Sponsoring Member
Sep 14, 2003
OldassKDX said:
Funny thing, I never could place a number on how many packs I went through because I always rolled my own. A bit drifter-esque, and maybe more romantic sounding, but probably even worse for the lungs. For what its worth, I resisted today when my rommate rolled up a good looking little ciggy.....grabbed some coffee and sat down to write a report. As long as I can kee up distracting myself this shouldn't be too bad.

Actually roll-ups are a lot less harmful than ready made, because they don't have all the saltpetre and other chemicals in there to keep them burning, these chemicals alone when burned are carcinogenic, and cause great damage to the delicate pink lining of your lungs. Also it might be useful to put the money you would have spent on tobacco in a jar, and at the end of the month treat yourself to something you might not otherwise have bought. In this country a pack of 20 is about £5:0 ( about $8:0 ) so even with your less taxed tobacco it should still add up. Good luck

PhastPhart

Dec 15, 2000
If you need some more motivation, I coach my son's 9 year old soccer team. Last night we had our parents/ Kids soccer game we have at the end of the season.

I ran back and forth for an hour. The whole time I was thinking how great it was that I had quit because there was not a chance in h-ll that I would have been able to do that three years ago.

Quit the sticks!

Tennessee Thumper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 23, 2000
muddy226 said:
Actually roll-ups are a lot less harmful than ready made, because they don't have all the saltpetre and other chemicals in there to keep them burning, these chemicals alone when burned are carcinogenic, and cause great damage to the delicate pink lining of your lungs.

Yeah, I would say the tobacco "straight out of the barn" is safer than the stuff the cigarette companies put out.

Having said that,you wouldn't believe the chemicals used on tobacco before it ever makes it to the "big tobacco companies." Maleic Hydrazide (MH30) to stunt the suckers growth,ammonia & hydrogen for growth,pesticides for worms,herbicides to control weeds,and fungicides to stop mold,and if you smoked before 1972 you got to inhale some DDT into your lungs. :yikes:

Im an ex-tobacco farmer,and the son of an ex-tobacco farmer,so I know a little something about all the poison that goes into tobacco, and after seeing what it does to people, its not something Im proud of. :ugg:

I really wish everyone all the best at quitting smoking.I never smoked once in my life,but I did loose my grandmother to emphysema,and my mother had emphysema before she died of kidney failure.

Last edited:

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
I haven't had a smoke for 24 hours Okie, you wanna start something? :laugh:

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Ok, I'll go back in my room and bang my head against the wall some more!

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
GO find something too do, take your mind off of it, shange your schedule around some.. Hang in there!! It gets easier!!

plykins

~SPONSOR~
Apr 6, 2002
Well, got my prescriptions today. Going to do the nicotine patches and Bupropion. Starting the week before the first. Wish me luck. :cool:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
plykins said:
Well, got my prescriptions today. Going to do the nicotine patches and Bupropion. Starting the week before the first. Wish me luck. :cool:

Sir, I wish you all the luck in the world. You will never regret it.

BTW - We still need to get together and ride. Watch the North Texas Smack Pack forum. There is always a ride going on somewhere.

I'm getting a Honda 50 for my grandson next summer. Whoo Hooo ... Then it will really be fun. Watching his momma chase him and :pissed: while her brother and I :laugh:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
It's been over two weeks now, feeling pretty darn good.

We put ourselves to the ultimate test this weekend and went to a bar to watch a college football game we couldn't get at home. The place was full of smoke and the cravings were unreal, but I didn't give in. I know I'm past the toughest part, which is being able to say no, when it would be super easy to break. No it's just a matter of staying strong.

How is everyone else doing?

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Good job Rooster! Keep it up!

Top Bottom