firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I got your back, dude!

I quit for 3 years, then slid back into it over the last 2. It's getting out of hand now--I can tell a difference in my health, for sure. I'm down to not buying any and bumming them now and again, but my friend Liz offers me one at least twice a day. I will HAVE to stop that. I'll have to stop going to bars for a while too, since that is when I have the least self control.

OldassKDX

Nov 9, 2000
Still on the wagon. My lungs already feel a lot better. Good luck to all, feel free to curse me for bringing this idea up. (Heck, I might do it myself ;) )

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
OldassKDX said:
Still on the wagon. My lungs already feel a lot better. Good luck to all, feel free to curse me for bringing this idea up. (Heck, I might do it myself ;) )

Way to go! No cursing the idea, it's a good one. It's amazing how much better you start to feel after a couple weeks.

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Okiewan said:
Yeah, we can tell eachother how much of an ass we were each day, how close we got to divorce, how we rammed someone in traffic and how much fatter we are :p

I'm down for Jan 1. If anyone wants to join me....

You're on Okie!! I'm going to start cutting back now so that come January 1 i am ready. Not just to tell you how much of an ass you are but to quit smoking too! :nener:

I've always been the type of smoker who could have one or two smokes and then not have another for 6 months or so. .... Then can the issues with Wendy and i suddenly became a regular smoker. Don't quite understand it myself. :think:

i don't think the $10/carton Marlboro's from Mexico are helping either. But that project is wrapping up.

ScottS

Dec 29, 1999
I'm getting ready. This is way overdue but it is going to suck, at least for a few days,

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
ScottS said:
I'm getting ready. This is way overdue but it is going to suck, at least for a few days,

Them first few days, a breeze, the good far out weighs everything.. My best recommendation is too change your schedule... I hope everybody succeeds, if you dont, quit again :aj:

psycho

King Rot-Gut
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2000
Well since it seems that the rest of the planet is going to quit this smoking thing, I guess I will give it a go myself. I'm with Okie on Jan 1st. Having to deal with the holidays may be a bit much and my family would most likely dis-own me for my wonderful attitude if I try it now. So... Jan 1st I'm in!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Let's do this! If anyone has ideas how we can help eachother out, let's talk about it.

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
For starters, I think a designated stop smoking forum might be a good idea. That way we could somewhat categorize things ie., support, experiences, methods, mood swings, how those around think we have become demonic as withdrawls set in, etc.,
It's not going to be easy, for me anyway, but I'm game :cool:

psycho

King Rot-Gut
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2000
A forum for it might be kinda cool. I bet we could a few laughs out of some of the experiences we/others are dealing with while going through it. I think it would be a cool start.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Gum, lots of gum. 7 days and counting.

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Congrats!!! :aj:
Nicotine gum or regular ole chewing/bubble gum?

Camaro

Feb 25, 2002
Good luck guys' look at it like this.
800.00 exhaust 2 seconds shaved
300.00 cam .5 seconds
600.00 head work 1.5 seconds

Quitting smoking Years more you can keep riding, racing and mostly just breathing. :eek:

Keep a goal in sight and you'll get there.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
MXSparx said:
Congrats!!! :aj:
Nicotine gum or regular ole chewing/bubble gum?

Extra! And lots of it! LOL!

No nicotine, that would only prolong the pain.

Good luck to everyone! YZ165

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Good luck to all of you! I was a smoker only for a year or 2 in college when I managed a bar. Once I quit the job I decided to quit the smoking. It was a rough time but cold turkey worked for me.
Now I can enjoy a cigar occasionally without any urge to have a second smoke.
BTW one thing my wife couldn't get over was how many smokers were at dirtweek- we are rarely around anyone who smokes here at home and it really did stand out that it seemed 3/4 of those there were puffin away.
Heres to saving that money for gas money to DW05. Goodluck everyone

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
YZ165 said:
Extra! And lots of it! LOL!

No nicotine, that would only prolong the pain.

Good luck to everyone! YZ165
I wish you continued success.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Thanks Sparx and everyone else for the encouragement.

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
LOL yep i noticed it also. but the say the worse ones at that are the Once smokers who are now non smokers.

wardy

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Still smoke free! We were at WalMart yesterday, and it was amazing how I could walk by someone and smell the cig smoke on them. Craziness. It's kinda funny how I notice things like that.

Top Bottom