ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
i was wondering myself , the last page seemed to be hinting towards ............

i know you started this , and it seems to me that it is your gig. maytbe others are wondering your thoughts , considerations so far, are we helping narrow things down a bit??

Masterphil

DRN's Resident Lunatic
Aug 3, 2004
ellandoh said:
i know you started this , and it seems to me that it is your gig. maytbe others are wondering your thoughts , considerations so far, are we helping narrow things down a bit??

I agree! Okie, have you put any more thought into this whole Spring DW thing?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
21 pages of stuff to go thru and a some time before spring...
Concensus of dates to consider..
lots of info from parks to gather, etc...
Can't just say "okay it's Casey" without any contact with the owners.
Stay tuned.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
actually, we already have a spring get-together. it's called "the farm"-on memorial weekend. it's an excellent time. the heartland spodes put it on. it's worth coming to if you don't have to have moto. i highly recommend it.

Masterphil

DRN's Resident Lunatic
Aug 3, 2004
Okie, I can't even begin to imagine how much time it takes to run this site, not to mention things like dirtweek. I will forever be in awe and thanks to what you have created here. Not to sound pushy, but I'm pumped about even the remote possibility of a Dirtweek in the spring, wherever it may be.

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
A lot of folks on here have experienced Merwin, Mo's track. It is a cool track and if there is an event scheduled, RJ, the owner will groom it nicely. The trails are about 6 miles of mild hair scramble track. There is a pit bike track and a nice little practice track for the little tikes and Lou. There is plenty of room to park/camp.

I would highly reccomend not considering Finger Lakes.

my$.02

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Casey's website sucks but it's www.ltmoffroad.com

They have 280 acres - woods and trails, regular MX track, and a GP style Euro MX track.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
Masterphil said:
Okie, I can't even begin to imagine how much time it takes to run this site, not to mention things like dirtweek. I will forever be in awe and thanks to what you have created here. Not to sound pushy, but I'm pumped about even the remote possibility of a Dirtweek in the spring, wherever it may be.

X2

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Masterphil said:
Okie, I can't even begin to imagine how much time it takes to run this site, not to mention things like dirtweek.

Don't be fooled...his family does all the work while Okie basks in the glory :)

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
If you are considering Casey again, call me so I can help you in that set up as you know I am good friends with the owner.

wardy

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Just my .02...I live pretty close proximity to Merwin and w/in 1.5-2 hours of Finger Lakes and we pretty much avoid both of them.. Yes, Merwin has a decent MX track, but that is it. The trails are not really what MO has to offer, plus you could pretty much drive a F250 through most of them. 6 miles goes real quick. Its sad, but it is one of the lower turnout harescrambles on the series.

Finger Lakes also has a MX track, but also has poor trails, heavy ATV use(head on risk) and the blind unmarked turns at the tops of small cliffs.

Sadly, for MX and a large trail system, there just isn't any place in Missouri. For true gnarly Missouri trail, we go south (Southern MO and Ar) as well as ride private stuff, but again those places don't have MX.

Sorry, but I'm afraid Finger Lakes and Merwin would hurt your attendance...both have much less to offer than Cooperland. And honestly, a change in location would probably bring us back if it had a great trail system, unfortunately Finger Lakes and Merwin don't.. *Apologies to RJ ( Merwin track owner) in advance, but just stating honest opinion.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
ellandoh said:
this place has everything needed for DW :cool: michigan

http://www.ogemawtrails.com/

did i mention this place has a pro track , intermediate track , kiddie track, miles of trails on property, ama sanctioned hillclimbs(circa 1970s) riding on the roads has been approved in the county, 2 fmx ramps, the kicker is whats across the street

youll be smack dab in the middle of this :)
http://www.fishweb.com/maps/ogemaw/orv/rosecity_ogemawhills/index.html

the owners name is Dean and he is a dealmaking type of guy ;)

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
I wouldnt mind a spring Dirtweek at Casey. As some know i didnt get to spend much time riding there the first time i was there. :)

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
Swade...we are really discussing two things here I guess...one is formal, (probably fall) DW, and the other is a smaller spring DW. I think the last page or more of posts are relative to spring DW, and the idea is to have it some place other than Cooperland to encourage some folks form different areas to attend.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
motometal said:
Swade...we are really discussing two things here I guess...one is formal, (probably fall) DW, and the other is a smaller spring DW. I think the last page or more of posts are relative to spring DW, and the idea is to have it some place other than Cooperland to encourage some folks form different areas to attend.

Either way, both Finger Lakes and Merwin don't offer much in the way of a gathering. Cooperland has them both beat with regards to track, amount of trail and facilities.

Believe me, I'm all for a change of scenery...preferably one w/ many miles of challenging trails. If trying to pull people from other regions is the goal at hand, then make sure the event is held in a different region w/ good offerings (as opposed to a venue in the same region w/ quite a bit less to offer).

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
I was just sitting here malling it all over, and it hits me............
the site name, Dirtrider, pondering it for a moment........ two wheel off road subject. to me, cooperland is a track thing. two laps, and I'm done. I know the 500 is down the road, but i was uneasy about riding down the road, bothering the homeowners, and possibly causing further problems with our sport.
What if the spring DW was a trail riding venue only??? it's just another thought.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
gnarlykaw said:
I was just sitting here malling it all over, and it hits me............
the site name, Dirtrider, pondering it for a moment........ two wheel off road subject. to me, cooperland is a track thing. two laps, and I'm done. I know the 500 is down the road, but i was uneasy about riding down the road, bothering the homeowners, and possibly causing further problems with our sport.
What if the spring DW was a trail riding venue only??? it's just another thought.

If just trail is the goal at hand, then Chadwick would suit a varitety of skill levels and has wonderful facilities, plus a bear or two for kicks. There is also a private club up near Mo/Nebraska border that has great facilities, may even have a MX track. I could round up info from them to see if they are interested in hosting anything.

crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
so when is dirtweek/cooperland gonna happen in 2006?
I have to bid/arrange for my vacation at work 1 year at a time and my deadline is coming up. any help would rock....

Thanks
Crazy

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
This place has a brand new track. I haven't been there yet, but it looks to be a very well kept track and grounds.

I understand that they may also have 2800 acres of trails as well as the mx tracks. I have sent them an e-mail to see just what they do have

Blackrock MX Park
Leitchfield, KY
http://www.blackrockmotocross.com/

Attachments

• blackrock01.jpg
    blackrock01.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 214

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Just throwing out more work...err, I mean ideas, Bob. :)

Attachments

• blackrock02.jpg
    blackrock02.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 215
  • blackrock03.jpg
    blackrock03.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 218

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
WaltCMoto said:
Whats all this about track and trail stuff. I show up to eat and BS. Oh, and ride whatever the area has to offer.

That's true. When i'm at Cooperland, my expectations are high for the track, just because I know how great it is when it's maintained, and the equipment is there. Otherwise, we can meet in a flat bean field for all I care. Tent, cooler, campfire. A cool riding area is a bonus, but not mandatory. I don't think everyone shares this opinion, though.

It's snowing :|

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
Why not have the fall dirtweek at Cooperland as the offical Dirtweek, then have a spring dirtweek that moves to a different area of the country ever year so people have a chance to attend some sort of organized ride and get a taste of what the big dirtweek is like?

As for reasons not to make it, I'm in university so I'm in class, don't have enough money or a bike hauler. Once I graduate I hope to make it down for dirtweek.

Top Bottom