B

biglou

fyi-Finget Lakes is owned by the MO dept of conservation, so I don't know that it would be available to us exclusively.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
a group called mxparents runs the races. maybe they could be contacted about an arrangement? i thing their site is mxparents.com.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
ChopperDave said:
Next time you guys go to Coal Creek, let me know, I'll meet you there! :ride: :)

:aj: i love it there ,we always have good stories to tell these yankees when we get home. last time we were there we stopped at a used car lot(trailer home) and i believe i actually got directions from Boomhauer off king of the hill. had to stop again but it was worth it :rotfl: dont get me started on Waffle house :ohmy:

edit; the definition of a yankee is..................................

.............................same thing as a quickie but nobody else is around!!! LOLOL

Last edited:

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
biglou said:
fyi-Finget Lakes is owned by the MO dept of conservation, so I don't know that it would be available to us exclusively.

wherever we go, it would be great to have exclusive use of the park. However, I must point out that we didn't really have exclusive use of Cooperland. There were guys on the track, and in the camping area that had nothing to do with our group. It didn't bother me much, other than part of the week it put that much more wear and tear on an already grooved up track, but no biggie...i'm sure it's tough to give us exclusive use of the place with the turnout being relatively low.

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
I talked to one of the Mo. State Motocross Directors, and just like everyone else he was doubtfull about getting Finger Lakes exclusive for the week.
He did however mention, Midwest Extreme Park in Merwin, Missouri as being a possible alternative. He said they have a trial system plus two tracks, and it is not state operated so exclusive should be easier. The web site said 190 acres of trails, but I've never been to the track, but I'm guessing BigLou probably has. So he might know if it would be a good one to throw into the mix. That's all I'm trying to do, is just let you people know what us HillBillies have to offer as far as riding goes, not trying to influence the vote or anything like that ;)

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
Okie, the more I think about this, the more it makes sense. finger lakes would work. What about St. joe state park? during the week, it's a ghost town. thats like what, 2800 acres of riding, all to ourselves! we could put on our own hare scramble! Or a grand prix race. the options are endless. theres a boat load of campsites that could be reserved, and their are sites that don't need to be reserved. even a brand new shower house. With electric, and a ride permit, it's only 18 bucks a day
The downside is no motocross track. we would have to make one up ourselves. What am I missing?.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Casey seemd like a terrific venue for the first 2 Dirtweeks. A spring DW there would work for me. The track seemed less intimidating than the Cooperland track, too.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
I agree. I'm liking the sound of this more all the time. I'd go for either Casey or the Missouri option. There will be folks that aren't going to make it to the official fall DW (maybe me this year?), that could make it to a spring shindig, and a different location will attract people that otherwise wouldn't show at CL. As far as i'm concerned, there doesn't need to be anything official about it (events or otherwise). Just a place and a date, and the spodes will come.

Our season ended early here, we went from mid 50s and super dirt conditions to frozen ground, snow, and sub-freezing temps (it's already been down in the single digits). Mother nature is, well, the mother of all mothers. :|

Last edited:

Masterphil

DRN's Resident Lunatic
Aug 3, 2004
I agree, although I've never been to DW, Casey sounds like an excellent location that is still fairly centrally located.

Crunch

Feb 9, 2004
Casey sounds good, and I really like the idea of Finger lakes, only $3.00 a day and 70 miles of trails . . . or Dutch Sports park, Ogemaw Trails, Arkansaw WI, Muenster . . . Heck I don’t care! Getting ready to bed the bike down for the winter, so come springtime, a “Dirt Week” will be just what the doctor orders. I can think of no better way to scratch the itch that develops over a long winter. :nod:

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
Crunch said:
Casey sounds good, and I really like the idea of Finger lakes, only $3.00 a day and 70 miles of trails . . . or Dutch Sports park, Ogemaw Trails, Arkansaw WI, Muenster . . . Heck I don’t care! Getting ready to bed the bike down for the winter, so come springtime, a “Dirt Week” will be just what the doctor orders. I can think of no better way to scratch the itch that develops over a long winter. :nod:

now that youve narrowed the place lets narrow the time :rotfl:

heck,next year i get 3 weeks of vacation time it doesnt matter :nod: but the earlier the date the further south it needs to be for us tenters. last of march first of april is tolerable in the knoxville area for tenters . the later the date the more intolerable the cabin fever becomes

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I missed 2 years ago due to work. This past year was due to a move half way across the country, new job and no vacation (not to mention fuel costs). I made it to 4 in a row before that including driving 2,200 miles (one way) with 4 people and a dog in a toyota tundra pulling an overloaded trailer.

The trails at Merwin are uh well....I wouldn't call them trails :( Fun track though.

I lived in Missouri for 3 years and never even went to finger lakes due to hearing so many people not have much good to say about it. No personal experience though.

I'll be trying to go to any and every DW but sometimes life gets in the way.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
If we have a spring DW at Casey.... no doubt we'll help round up a crew of attendees. :cool:

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Lots of good times have been had at Casey :cool:
If you don't count the wifes sun poison insident in '00 :yikes:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
MXSparx said:
Lots of good times have been had at Casey :cool:
If you don't count the wifes sun poison insident in '00 :yikes:
Next time let her bring some clothes along :boss:

How about a DW at the motohotel this spring

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
sounds like casey has been decided upon?? if so , is there a website for us ?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Who decided?

Top Bottom