Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Is there any interest in a dualsport ride? How many of you own dualsports or can beg, borrow or steal one? :scream:

Was thinking about a ride out of Corona that would be about 100 miles long. Starting with the fire roads in the Cleveland National forest, down to La Cresta, over to Murietta, back up to Tom's Farms where we will stop for lunch and libations.

Finishing off with a little single track around Mathews and back home. Probably 90% dirt and 10% street with gas stops along the way. Street legal dualsport bikes recommended.

Wadda ya say?? ;) Anyone interested? :yeehaw: :yeehaw:

Ol'89r

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
I'm interested, I might be able to borrow a buddies XR 650, sounds like fun.

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
I'm in if it's after Oct. 14. OldnSlo -- ahem, ahem, put on your spectacles, old timer. Otherwise, 89r's gonna start being considered middle aged . ;)

oldandslo

Aug 29, 2001
LT,

The old part of oldandslo is there for a reason. Can't read, its either to dark or can't remember where my glasses are. Its tough gettin old. Nuthin works like it used to. But it is better than the other alternative.

Greg

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by LongTime
Otherwise, 89r's gonna start being considered middle aged . ;)

Hey, watch it you young little whipper snapper you. :scream:

Don't have a date yet. Thought it might be a good idea to wait for a little rain to keep the dust down. Just throwing out the idea to see how many would be interested.

If we do the 100 miles, there will be aprox., 70% fireroads, 20% singletrack trail and 10% street. No freeways. There will be gas stations along the way.

We can also do a 60 mile ride. No gas stops.

Sound's like we could have a good group.

Pray for rain. :thumb:

Ol'89r

mtngoat

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 12, 2000
Hi Guys. Sorry, I've been out of touch.

Count me in. David from Big Bear (stuntman) is moving off the hill to the Elsinore area. I think he wants to go too.

Jim

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by mtngoat

Count me in. David from Big Bear (stuntman) is moving off the hill to the Elsinore area. I think he wants to go too.

Jim

That's great Jim. Looking forward to seeing you guys again. :thumb:

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
From the article:

"DualSporting, contrary to popular belief is NOT a speed event. However, you will typically see some old men blasting down dirt roads as fast as they can go. This is not dualsporting."

I guess we -- especially 89r, were under a serious misimpression! :aj:

"You are there to enjoy the trails and the scenery. Take advantage of it. Back off a little and look at what you are passing. Pretend this is just an enjoyable ride with your friends."

He, he, he. Riiiiggggghhhhttt. ;)

:flame:

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
Unfortunately, I've seen the results of those old men blasting down a fire road two wide. A few years back on a Cal Poly DS a guy went head on with a car on a fire road and broke his leg. Luckily it was a pretty twisty fireroad so the car wasn't going very fast.... Have you ever heard of a car taking the brunt of the damage in a bike/car collision? I didn't think so.

Brian

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by LongTime
From the article:

"You are there to enjoy the trails and the scenery. Take advantage of it. Back off a little and look at what you are passing. Pretend this is just an enjoyable ride with your friends."

Great article Jeff.
That is exactly the kind of ride this will be. Brian. I too have seen the results of a head-on. :scream: Not pretty. Ask LongTime about the big white van up in the Cleveland National forest. :eek: That was a close one.

We are planning an easy, kick-back ride with a stop at Tom's Farms near the end. If you have never been to Tom's Farms you are in for a treat. Great sammies and pizza and whatever you may want to drink. And only a couple miles from our starting place in case anyone eats, or drinks too much.

Of course, if anyone wants to skid some corners and rattle handlebars, there will be plenty of opportunity to do that. :thumb: ;)

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
When and where. Sounds good to me.

FYI I got more grief @ Dirt Week for having a plate on my bike. Then after the MX races I repeatedly heard, "I can't believe I lost to or got passed by a guy with a plate on his bike." :yeehaw:

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
If I still my neighbors moped and put some dirt tires on it maybe I can go and follow from behind? Just dont say "Thanks Apple Guy"! To be honest, if I had the dual sporter Id be there in a heartbeat.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
100 MILES! My ass, no way, no how!! My steed is gonna be down for a bit to get all the red dirt off but after that, it's back to the track and some SHORT trail rides!;)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom