2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
RC's in a spot where riding on the edge and risking a poor finish or DNF could cost him the title. "Protect Mode" is tough to define.......stay ahead of Reed, run up front, don't take big risks......the title is his. With his extremely competitive nature, I'm sure not winning or trying to, is a hard demon to fight.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
So now all is well in the Moto Universe.

1) Reed has a reason to lose the title and lose to RC and JS.
2) RC has an excuse not to win another round.
3) JS wins if he doesn't fall, end of story.

Everyone on the web has built-in excuses/ for their favorite not wining each weekend. It's all good.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Okiewan said:
So now all is well in the Moto Universe.

1) Reed has a reason to lose the title and lose to RC and JS.
2) RC has an excuse not to win another round.
3) JS wins if he doesn't fall, end of story.

Everyone on the web has built-in excuses/ for their favorite not wining each weekend. It's all good.
they all suck.

hooray for Wey! And he finally got some damn mike time on the podium!

I'm sayin' it now -- Factory ride next year for Wey.

P.S. Where was DV12? Did Lucky fire him?

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
JBS IS faster than RC... He just isn't even remotely as consistent... JBS would have a big points lead now IFF he didn't crash so much... The champion is the one who can get solid finishes week in and week out... That's RC... I don't thing RC was exactly sand bagging it as he was still 1.5 seconds faster per lap than Wey or Tedesco...

Red Mamba

Feb 5, 2006
Reesknight said:
Stewart was definately on fire and smoked Ricky from the drop of the gate!! That being said however, I do believe if the points chase were closer, that RC would reach down into his bag of lucky charms and find more speed.
BTW, do you really think Ricky is going to say, "Yeah, I'm way ahead in points so I'm just going to put it on cruise control for the rest of the series, so don't buy tickets expecting to see a real race"

But I don't believe he is in protect mode yet, but he is willing to concede to second place earlier in the race.
I agree with you, RC is smart enough not to think protect mode this season with all the drama he has been through and 2 dangerous guys CR and James on his tail, till he is up by atleast 50 points and 2races remaining. I think this has been the toughest season for Ricky and i wouldn't be surprised if he signs a huge contract for a come back next season, i just can't imagine him missing in action while James, KW, Reed, Nick Wey, Tedesco and all the other cats going at it.You can tell by his after race flustrated interview when he doesn't get a good start to do battle with Stewart. I also wonder if suzuki is scounting Nick Wey.

Last edited:

Red Mamba

Feb 5, 2006
I wonder if AMA was just pulling a dirty gas mix move on Ricky, drop him back in points, and championship chase, force him cancel his retirement plans.

DRK

Dec 31, 2002
XRpredator said:
they all suck.

hooray for Wey! And he finally got some damn mike time on the podium!

Agree. Wey is looking good.

Wey is 5th in points, 7 behind TD. Here are his results:
1) 7th Anaheim
2) 5th Phoenix
3) 10th Anaheim 2
4) 3rd San Fran
5) 10th Anaheim 3
6) 8th San Diego
7) 4th St. Louis
8) 7th Atlanta
9) 5th Indianapolis
10) 5th Daytona
11) 3rd Orlando

DV is 16th in points. Here are his results:
1) 10th Anaheim
2) 10th Phoenix
3) 9th Anaheim 2
4) 20th San Fran
5) 9th Anaheim 3
6) 18th San Diego
7) -- St. Louis
8) 20th Atlanta
9) 16th Indianapolis
10) -- Daytona
11) -- Orlando

I did not realize DV was having such a poor season until I checked his results.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Okiewan said:
RC has an excuse not to win another round.

Personally I think that underestimates RC's desire to win ALL the titles. RC is only 6 points ahead of James in the World SX series I believe.

XRpredator said:

I think Wey is better off where he is, perhaps a similar deal to Larocco and K-Dub for him? On a satellite team but a full on Honda bike with Factory motor and boingers. In the past Wey seemed to struggle under the pressure of a Factory gig.

DV12 suffered an ankle injury at Daytona and opted to sit out Orlando.

Sandjunky

Feb 3, 2004
There is still good racing going on behind the leaders and the lites class is definitley exciting. I'm seeing a lot of up and coming talent that is going to make SX exciting for the next few years.

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
samham said:
kinda quiet in here when #7 comes in #1....silly people!
Check the points total, RC is in protect mode. Even if RC says he isnt, as long as he finishes 2nd from here on out, he wins it. RC is too smart to let not finishing 1st eat him up, unlike James. Everyone remembers the champion, not who won the most races.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
zcookie49 said:
Check the points total, RC is in protect mode. Even if RC says he isnt, as long as he finishes 2nd from here on out, he wins it. RC is too smart to let not finishing 1st eat him up, unlike James. Everyone remembers the champion, not who won the most races.

That will defend his AMA SX title, but not his THQ WSX title. To keep that he needs to beat Bubba 2 of the next 5. Not sure how important that is to him.

D Lafleur

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
He probably wants both titles. I would say RC will buy his time wisely, why push when you dont have to. He will find a track or a track section that works for him and push JBS into "over his head, and wad it up" and then make it happen.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Red Mamba said:
So Ricky is a liar, about JBS being faster than him. :think:
a liar about not going into protect mode.

gotta watch what you say about RC, though. Outer space exists because it's afraid to be on the same planet with Ricky Carmichael.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Red Mamba said:
So Ricky is a liar, about JBS being faster than him. :think:

I think RC was saying JS was faster for 20 laps in Orlando. JS was also looking faster than RC at Daytona, but putting consistent speeds together for 20 laps is JS's issue. If I was RC, at this point I'd be pretty confident that JS will crash.....why push the envelope until JS proves he can be consistently fast? Maybe even I could hang with JS for a lap (yea, right) if it was a "I'll show you on THIS lap" race. But then again, I know lots of orthopedic doctors. ;)

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
I really enjoy an occasional dose or two of rum around the campfire.......arrr. However, Nyquil seems to really create a pleasant "lovely change of attitude." :think: What are we thinking of 2-strokes and RC now?

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
DV12 suffered an ankle injury at Daytona and opted to sit out Orlando.

2 things wrong with DV:

1) Mototalk
2) Reality of Speed

He seems to be having fun, but you can tell he doesn't care about winning anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Careful what you say about David Vuillemin. He did 3 tours in 'Nam . . .

I was in Corpus Christi on business a month ago. I had this eight foot tall Asian waiter, which made me curious. I asked him his name. Sure enough it's Ho Tran Vuillemin!

Top Bottom