supercross in Indy...anyone going?

fatcat216v2

Aug 29, 2009
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Sure hope the wife gets to see practice this time. 2 hour or so drive leaves her a lot of time to belt down YagerBombs! Vintage Bob

lol. hmmm. She may hit it off with my buddy John. 2 peas in a pod....You both coming?

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Probably end up in the handicap section. Last 2 years we get there early, weasel into the industry seating, while she gets in and sleeps till the second wind comes, about break time before the show. That is also break time for the parking lot cooler, them prices, and non availability inside, geez! At worst, I will get some mountain climbing gear and some binoculars to keep Gary company, in the treadhead seats, with your knee man? Should come join us in the hurt racers section! Vintage Bob

fatcat216v2

Aug 29, 2009
It is not so high up, is it? I swear in Minne I was at about the same levels and I liked it...You could see perfect. Definitely no need for binoculars, whatsoever. We're in one of the corners which concerns me a little- not above the start finish but across- which might be trouble if they have a banner or one of those fire things or scoreboard blocking the view. That would stink completely. Refused to pay double value for a ticket on side. I am just too cheap, ultimately. Would have gotten tickets sooner but Who thought I'd drive so far for a silly race in a month potentially fraught with blizzards between here and there.

This may be one of those times I regret my cheapness. Maybe I'll have Mrs. Bob teach me how to do a yagerbomb if the seats are real bad?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
fatcat216v2 said:
It is not so high up, is it? I swear in Minne I was at about the same levels and I liked it...You could see perfect. Definitely no need for binoculars, whatsoever. We're in one of the corners which concerns me a little- not above the start finish but across- which might be trouble if they have a banner or one of those fire things or scoreboard blocking the view. That would stink completely. Refused to pay double value for a ticket on side. I am just too cheap, ultimately. Would have gotten tickets sooner but Who thought I'd drive so far for a silly race in a month potentially fraught with blizzards between here and there.

This may be one of those times I regret my cheapness. Maybe I'll have Mrs. Bob teach me how to do a yagerbomb if the seats are real bad?

Sounds like you aren't too far from where I'm sitting. What section are you in?

You'll be pleased with the view. There won't be anything hanging down in the way.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Probably end up in the handicap section. Last 2 years we get there early, weasel into the industry seating, while she gets in and sleeps till the second wind comes, about break time before the show. That is also break time for the parking lot cooler, them prices, and non availability inside, geez! At worst, I will get some mountain climbing gear and some binoculars to keep Gary company, in the treadhead seats, with your knee man? Should come join us in the hurt racers section! Vintage Bob

Bob, I only have to ride the escalator to the second level, walk out the tunnel and go up 1 step to my seat.. I think it'll be fine!!

Plus there won't be any boneheads standing up in front of me the whole race.

fatcat216v2

Aug 29, 2009
IndyMX said:
Sounds like you aren't too far from where I'm sitting. What section are you in?

You'll be pleased with the view. There won't be anything hanging down in the way.

Section 446. Not real close to you.

We're hoping to be able to see at least some of the practice rounds, but we're stopping in Chicago pretty late, and possibly going out for a bit while we are there.

May end up a with a later start, but we'll see. Just hoping for no ice storms or blizzards Friday night. Or Sunday either for that matter.

AJ took a pass. Too much show/road time in the four weeks before, and couldn't talk his boy into it. And OG and Eric are nos.

I'm looking forward to the trip. Doctors orders on this one. ;-)
Thanks doc!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
We should be there :ride:

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
Hope to get to meet some, or all of you, that are going! ! ! If nothing else, hopefully some of us can meet up and ride in the future!!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Booked... went with the cheap nose bleed tickets.... section 641. Haven't been to the new stadium yet... hopefully they don't suck too bad. We'll be there all day.... hope to meet some of you guys!

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Wow.. bring an oxygen tank... I hear the air is pretty thin that far up.

Practice is just the same as they did in the RCA Dome.. Lower level only.. Then before race time, they open the top levels.

I'll be moving around a bit taking pictures and generally getting in peoples way.

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
IndyMX said:
Wow.. bring an oxygen tank... I hear the air is pretty thin that far up.

Practice is just the same as they did in the RCA Dome.. Lower level only.. Then before race time, they open the top levels.

I'll be moving around a bit taking pictures and generally getting in peoples way.

meaning, if you're in the upper levels you can't watch practice? I've been planning on getting there when the doors open? anything I need to know?

01HondaCR

May 31, 2001
No, you just sit anywhere in the lower level you want until they open up the upper level area. So just get there when they open, you just wont be able to go to your actual seats until later.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
01HondaCR said:
No, you just sit anywhere in the lower level you want until they open up the upper level area. So just get there when they open, you just wont be able to go to your actual seats until later.

What he said.

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
My father in law, friends and I are coming out. . .

Taking the kids to the Indy Children's Museum and Indy Zoo as well - the dolphin show is worth the price of admission since there's no Sea World in Ohio anymore.

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
01HondaCR said:

good to know...thanks!!! :ride:

Top Bottom