supercross in Indy...anyone going?

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
If it does not have a dirtbike in it, its not very sweet. BUT, I will take your dollar! I have seen you go both ways over the last few years Gary. You are a better loser than winner. Its not every year my homies make it to the big one, Chicago or the Saints. Vintage Bob

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
If it does not have a dirtbike in it, its not very sweet. BUT, I will take your dollar! I have seen you go both ways over the last few years Gary. You are a better loser than winner. Its not every year my homies make it to the big one, Chicago or the Saints. Vintage Bob

Just do me a small favor and no crying on the dollar before you hand it over.. That's just not right. ;)

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Gary!, I am coming for that dollar mister! Thats a morning joke Gary. I am scraping up who can walk, south bound and hammer down. I chickened out of the really expensive tickets, but sweet seats, to 2 hours and stand in line, er my daughter will! Its going to be a barn burner! Vintage Bob

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
What a good race. Track looked pretty tight. :nod: Would have liked to have seen KW win it.

Pictures???? :whoa:

Where's the pictures????? :ohmy:

This thread is useless without pics. :coocoo:

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Ol'89r said:
What a good race. Track looked pretty tight. :nod: Would have liked to have seen KW win it.

Pictures???? :whoa:

Where's the pictures????? :ohmy:

This thread is useless without pics. :coocoo:

Here are a couple I got.

I really needed a longer lens.

Attachments

• aaaIMG_1957.jpg
    aaaIMG_1957.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 83
  • aaaIMG_1961.jpg
    aaaIMG_1961.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 85
  • aaaaIMG_2180.jpg
    aaaaIMG_2180.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 74

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
I looked behind me to try and find ya Gary...no dice! What a great night of racing....aside from Frenchie in the lites class. Sat next to Josh Hill and J-Law for a bit during practice. Josh was a nice guy indeed.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
What a fantastic race! If the track could handle just a little more traction, oh well. It was slicker than snot! The harder the kids pushed, the slower their lap times was! Somehow, I ended up with tickets right up in the front row center, unbelievable to say the least! That section between the dragon back and the triple, no one was able to go through it the same way, the entire race! A lot were on the brink of crashing, kept it pinned, and it was okay! Kind of the same with the rhythm right next to it, it sure seemed skipping across the tops was fastest. But sketchy! The amount of rev limiter back firing, wow. Barcia and his practice vids, he is still one of the worst for hitting the rev limiter! Pics? I did good to get there! But a smell picture was the first thing that came to mind when I walked into the dome, ahh, race gas and finely tuned engines. Anyone catch this terrible move that Dungey put on Nolaw in practice? They will think twice next time? Vintage Bob

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
Man....Windham had that dragon back to triple dialed PERFECT......but then Villapoto figured it out.hahaha. I like Ryan, but I wanted to see Windham take it. Watching him in person is badass! He makes it look SOOOOO easy. And Barcia is a freaking animal out there.

It was DEFINATELY snap crackle pop all day!

Is that the one that J-Law got black flagged for?

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Anyone catch this terrible move that Dungey put on Nolaw in practice? They will think twice next time? Vintage Bob

Bob.

What happened between Dungy and Jlaw in practice? I heard different storys.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
I'm curious about the practice, too.

The racing was awesome. That first Lites heat was exceptional, and most the other races were, too. Great action, and all the riders were going for it.

I expect some fines for ignoring the blue flags (Chatfield in the Lites main, Chisolm in the SX class main). Geeze, IMO there is just no excuse for ignoring the blue flags on the last lap as the podium riders are coming through.

The track was hard to pass on, but produced some great racing. I'm not a big fan of 90* turns off a short start, though. It's exciting, but some riders just end up getting the short end of the stick when the carnage unfolds.

It looked like Hill was behind J-Law for most of the main, but finished ahead of him. Did J-Law let his former teammate by?

Anyways, Hill's title hopes took a big nose dive, even though he was awesome in his heat.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I surely seen no incident in practice between Dungey and Nolaw. Not to say it did not happen by a long shot, being down that low, we got pretty dirty! I really did not have a great view of the other half of track. I was watching both those guys practice at different times. There was a lot of racers running a seemingly hot lap, to run up on someone towards the end and loose focus. It was pretty 1 lined in areas. That jump on tight corner chicane before the whoops? They did not have the jump early in practice, it was horrendously 1 lined! And dumb, imo. I would not put it passed some entity fabricating the incident though, even for Nolaw, that interview stunk! Dungey has issues? Nolaw and Dungey have a history? Vintage Bob

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
SVTMc-G said:
I looked behind me to try and find ya Gary...no dice! What a great night of racing....aside from Frenchie in the lites class. Sat next to Josh Hill and J-Law for a bit during practice. Josh was a nice guy indeed.

You were in 343 right? What row/seat?

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
dirt bike dave said:
I expect some fines for ignoring the blue flags (Chatfield in the Lites main, Chisolm in the SX class main). Geeze, IMO there is just no excuse for ignoring the blue flags on the last lap as the podium riders are coming through.

I've thought Chisholm was a punk ever since the incident with Reed.... but last night made me put him on the punk list forever. There was one time he made a long look back, after the finish line section with I believe a lap to go, to see who was on his tail. He without a doubt saw it was Dungey, and just hammered it to stay in front of him, and block him... and made no attempt to obey the blue flag and get outta the way. WTF, what a tool.

Was Chatfield the 3 digit Kawi that cost Sipes his podium finish? I didn't look up the riders, but that was another bogus lapper move.... that Kawi had several blue flags in his face, and did a fine blocking job too... totally robbed Sipes from the podium.

But the races were pretty good last night. K-Dub looked great in practice and his heat race, I really thought he might have a chance at the win. And it was awesome to see him leading the first half of the main, and keep challenging Villopoto early... but the young guys got him at the end. I wish he didn't have the last lap mechanical issue a couple rounds ago, as he would be right in the hunt for the points lead. Hoping maybe he will decide to race outdoors this year!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Kdub had his night to win for sure. The old guy got arm pump? Too much adrenaline! The tv sure showed the tire spinning almost to the jump faces. There was a guy that got loose in the west rhythm section and was way up in the air 1 handed. That hurt! The track had to be like racing on ice half the time? This race reminded me how much better it was when there was a heat race, semi and LCQ. Vintage Bob

fatcat216v2

Aug 29, 2009
SVTMc-G said:
Man....Windham had that dragon back to triple dialed PERFECT......but then Villapoto figured it out.hahaha. I like Ryan, but I wanted to see Windham take it. Watching him in person is badass! He makes it look SOOOOO easy. And Barcia is a freaking animal out there.

It was DEFINATELY snap crackle pop all day!

Is that the one that J-Law got black flagged for?

True, but Kevin lost two spots on the flattrack (holeshot) corner, with the exact same mistake to both Villopoto and Dungey. My pal (knowing I was a Windham fan and wanting me to be treated to a Windham win live- as well as rooting for the "old guys" ) was pissed that he gave it away making the same mistake of going too wide. He rode safe after that.

It was awesome to see how hard Windham worked to take the lead from his teammate. Pure outright fun in that first lap..Then he was on fire. I was happy for him with the safe finish, and that he was never challenged for third...(fearing he didn't have the fight left in him to keep 3rd.)

The only time I regretted not having my camera was during the practice rounds. We were sitting right next to the entrance, and there were plenty of photo opportunities off bike- ones that maybe even I couldn't eff up?

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
IndyMX said:
You were in 343 right? What row/seat?

yup. we were front row...seats 1 and 2. great seats I must say...easy to get up and keep the beer stock replenished!!!!hahaha

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom