Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Most suzuki's the vin is stamped into the frame at the steering headset, pretty much the same place you're likely looking for the metal plate.

predator06500

Apr 8, 2007
there's nothing on the steering stem but right below is a metal plate welded to the frame with the vin # on it,it's the same color as the frame too.i just wanted to see if that was normal cause i have never seen that before.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Could be a case like mine, my YZ doesn't have a VIN on the frame right now..

I had the frame sandblasted this past winter, and the VIN came off.. I do have pictures of the VIN before having it blasted though.

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
predator:

Once upon a time, many years ago I had an unfortunate experience involving a vehicle that had weld marks around the VIN. In the eyes of the police, that meant that the VIN had been altered and therefor the vehcile was stolen.

None of my bikes have any welded on plates for the VIN, it is stamped into the metal that makes the tube that the front forks rotate in.

Indy: the VIN number should have been stamped deep enough that if you sandblasted them off I would worry that you have significantly weakened the frame! And for all legal purposes, you have now removed your VIN, a photograph of what it used to be is not going to be proof of anything. I sure wouldn't buy your bike like that.

Rod

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom