19 84 Michael L Willard Thornville, OH KTM 250SXF
20 177 Chris Blose Phoenix, AZ Yamaha YZ250F
21 34 Troy K Adams Homosassa, FL Suzuki RMZ250
22 81 Adam B Chatfield Cherry Valley, CA Yamaha YZ250F

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
The Kawasaki executives must be happy.

JBS is taking charge of the SX class. RV is dominating the West Lites. And as a bonus, Ferry is riding great and got on the box.

The Lites restart made life easier for Villapoto, as it sounds like he was mid-pack for the original race.

I wish RC was around to make things exciting, though.

For the races RC is not there, they should make Chad and JBS start facing backwards, just to make it interesting. From lap 8 on, they were 3 seconds a lap faster than 3rd place.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Reed was there a couple times, and Stewart made a few mistakes.

One more and it'll be a heckuva lot closer race.

TheGrinch

Nov 26, 2000
Yeah, I read that this was a close race between Reed & Stewart, with a couple of changes for the lead. Stewart maintained the win by a small margin.

Below are the top 3's fastest overall times:
1 7 00:55.964 Main Event James M Stewart
2 22 00:55.965 Main Event Chad Reed
3 15 00:57.561 Main Event Timmy M Ferry

.001 of a second between the top 2!

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Good racing. Just watched it. I think the block passes that Reed and Stewart pulled on each other were just racing. Neither of them seamed like they were trying to hang the other out to dry. Good racing.

This is what I have been saying about Reed the whole time. He has the speed and talent to run with RC adn JBS, but just has not pushed himself to the next level. The last few weeks that has changed and he is haulin the mail. Great job Reed! Now I really wish RC was racing this season.

Also Ferry was movin out. Great to see him right up there mid way thru the race and finish on the box!!

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
I noticed in the interview that Stewart seemed surprised the Reed passed him, I hope he hasn't become complacent. If he believes the hype that RC has handed him the championship, then he will deifnitely lose it.

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Mxrider26x said:
JBS is arrogant. I know he has a lot of fans and they will bash me, but it is true whether you like him or not.
I think JBS is confident in his abilities and like it or not he is the fastest and most consistent rider out there right now. I have not heard him say anything this year that was disrespectful to any other rider nor have I heard him say anything other than he felt really good on the bike and that he believes he is on the best bike out there.

To me, arrogance is when a rider feels the others are not worthy of competing against and want them to just get out of the way. Example: Reed's comment about Tedesco last year.

Anyway, I am just happy we have some racing going on. Chad has really impressed me the last few races and so has James, Ferry and Wey.

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
FruDaddy said:
I noticed in the interview that Stewart seemed surprised the Reed passed him, I hope he hasn't become complacent. If he believes the hype that RC has handed him the championship, then he will deifnitely lose it.

You didn't have to wait until the interview to see that he was surprised.

Steve

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
D Lafleur said:
Maybe he could have a hip seperation, that should get him on the top box. :p
:laugh: That might be just what would take him to the top step..... However, I WAS impressed with his catching and passing James. I couldn't even imagine doing something so heroic, when forced to ride with NO shoulders!

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
2-Strokes 4-ever said:
:laugh: That might be just what would take him to the top step..... However, I WAS impressed with his catching and passing James. I couldn't even imagine doing something so heroic, when forced to ride with NO shoulders!

tell me about it. special congrats to Ferry. i really think that he can take at least 3rd in the final points standings. i saw the first 3 laps, then had a SuperBowl party to go to. funny, the SX website said that JBS lead all 20 laps.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
TheGrinch said:
I haven't seen the race, but I got the impression Chad never held the lead for a full lap.
From what I recall JBS passed him back pretty quick so I doubt they scored it as a full lap. Just to be sure I would have to go back and watch it again- just hope I didn't erase the DVD

Motoracer13

Dec 31, 2006
Thump said:
I have not heard him say anything this year that was disrespectful to any other rider .

What about where last week he said Heath Voss cut him off and thats why he shorted a jump and stalled the motor? I will give him credit he's a great rider,and his cockyness has gottin alittle better. I still think hes a prick.

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
Motoracer13 said:
What about where last week he said Heath Voss cut him off and thats why he shorted a jump and stalled the motor? I will give him credit he's a great rider,and his cockyness has gottin alittle better. I still think hes a prick.

dont remember him mentioing Heath after the race, id have to watch it again. there are some riders that wouldve said a lot more hateful things than he did, if he did.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
He said it. And? RC and Reed have also been complaining about lappers.
Fact is, the kid is under the microscope and there will always be those that find something wrong. RC had his boo birds for quite a while and now most would lick his boots.

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
Okiewan said:
He said it. And? RC and Reed have also been complaining about lappers.
Fact is, the kid is under the microscope and there will always be those that find something wrong. RC had his boo birds for quite a while and now most would lick his boots.

like i said, its not just JBS with his one little comment, no one is perfect, and besides, he's only 20 y/o. it seems like everyone is watching, like you said, just to find mistakes and discredit him. fact is: Reed is not happy that, unless Bubba gets a serious injury, the season is pretty much JBS's, therefore, he'll make excuses. anyone remember his shoulder??

D Lafleur

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
To move away from the negative side of things, CR put in the best ride I can ever remember seeing from CR.

It looked like JBS had trouble getting in the groove. He smoked the whoops but some of the more technical stuff was eating his lunch. You can bet he was surprised to see that blue bike in the corner.

I saw a side of Ferry we havent seen since the days when he was the only guy on a thumper. :cool:

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
D Lafleur said:
To move away from the negative side of things, CR put in the best ride I can ever remember seeing from CR.

It looked like JBS had trouble getting in the groove. He smoked the whoops but some of the more technical stuff was eating his lunch. You can bet he was surprised to see that blue bike in the corner.

I saw a side of Ferry we havent seen since the days when he was the only guy on a thumper. :cool:

CR did put out an excellent performance, but it was just a few seconds to slow to catch JBS.

letsride24-7

Aug 10, 2006
Here is a Quote from JS..

"I think this weekend he (Reed) gave me all he had," said Stewart. "Maybe he felt this was one of those weekends that was crunch time and (the points) could have been narrowed down to 12 and made the series tight, but I moved it up to 18 points. I think we are in a good position for the championship only five races in."

I hope he slips and watches the championship go else where again.

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
That was a pretty exciting race... It seems like JBS is A LOT more consistent out there when he doesn't have RC to light a fire under his arse... I was very impressed with Reed hanging with him for the whole race though (even if he was only very briefly in the lead)....

RV is DOMINATING the lites... Any news on when he might make the jump to 450's?? I could see him running with JBS and CR in a few years (if not sooner)...

Top Bottom