whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Practice is over, and the times are close, well, except for JBS:1 7 00:52.447 Pre-Qualifier 1 James M. Stewart Haines City, FL Yamaha YZ450F
2 2 00:53.596 Pre-Qualifier 1 Ryan D. Villopoto Seattle, WA Kawasaki KX450F
3 9 00:53.644 Pre-Qualifier 1 Ivan Tedesco Murrieta, CA Honda CRF450R
4 1 00:53.687 Pre-Qualifier 1 Chad Reed Tampa, FL Suzuki RM-Z450
5 33 00:53.728 Pre-Qualifier 1 Joshua M. Grant Riverside, CA Yamaha YZ450F
6 18 00:53.767 Pre-Qualifier 1 David D. Millsaps Carlsbad, CA Honda CRF450R
7 14 00:53.801 Pre-Qualifier 1 Kevin W. Windham Centreville, MS Honda CRF450R
8 29 00:54.379 Pre-Qualifier 1 Andrew T. Short Smithville, TX Honda CRF450R
9 60 00:54.619 Pre-Qualifier 1 Broc D. Hepler Kittanning, PA Yamaha YZ450F
10 13 00:55.005 Pre-Qualifier 1 Heath D. Voss Mico, TX Honda CRF450R . 2nd through 8th are all within 1 second, too cool. And the lites: 1 10 00:55.146 Pre-Qualifier 2 Ryan M. Dungey Belle Plaine, MN Suzuki RM-Z250
2 19 00:55.481 Pre-Qualifier 2 Jake T. Weimer Rupert, ID Kawasaki KX250F
3 39 00:56.005 Pre-Qualifier 2 Trey G. Canard Shawnee, OK Honda CRF250R
4 42 00:56.033 Pre-Qualifier 2 Jake Moss Temecula, CA Honda CRF250R
5 114 00:56.109 Pre-Qualifier 2 Justin D. Brayton Murrieta, CA KTM 250SX-F
6 116 00:56.515 Pre-Qualifier 2 Ryan Morais Murrieta, CA Kawasaki KX250F
7 36 00:57.096 Pre-Qualifier 2 Kyle B. Cunningham Fort Worth, TX Kawasaki KX250F
8 63 00:57.264 Pre-Qualifier 2 Chris Blose Phoenix, AZ Honda CRF250R
9 87 00:57.766 Pre-Qualifier 2 P. J. Larsen Awendaw, SC Kawasaki KX250F
10 47 00:57.848 Pre-Qualifier 2 Jimmy Albertson Ozark, MO Honda CRF250R . Lets hope this weeks track is not a flop?

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
The lites heat races ended about right. But the SX heat 1: Seems Daisy gave Chad a run for the money. He even had quicker lap times, BUT, RV was even quicker! CR was like 3rd? And a breeze for JS, but slower than Daisy and RV! Too bad they do not line up exactly in order of fast heat race lap. This is going to be a good one!

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Chad's teammate Alessi fails to make the main and does not even finish very well in the LCQ.

Josh Grant had to go to the LCQ and barely makes the main, taking the last transfer spot.

Watching the 'at the wire' lap times, it looked like Windham went down/had trouble on the first lap of the 2nd heat, but was FLYING after that and turning Bubba-esque laps.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
MA, unfrigginbelievable, He was leading half a main last week, and then. JG is probably still suffering from getting rammed by Chadwick last week. I was sure pulling for Keylon to put his smoker in the main. Who's this kid from up north winning the lites lcq? Nice job!

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Keylon isn't on a smoker he's riding his CRF250R in the 450 class, livewire has had the same mistake for a few weeks now.

Brady Sheren who won the lites LCQ was one of our most up and coming racers several years back and then he broke a femur in back to back seasons and an arm the next season after that. He doesn't get as much respect as he should for his skills as many up here view him as a silver spoon kid since his Dad is the distributor for 661 Canada/Renthal/Mechanix wear etc.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
What, the ama make a mistake, no way! Keylon did a lot better on the east coast for sure. Something happened to Sheren? RD the west coast champ, couldn't happen to a better racer! TC seemed to put on some hot laps, and it took Weimer a little longer? The top seven stayed within 7 seconds for half the race, sure hope they show some?

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
Reed and Stewart battle mightily with multiple lead changes for 13 laps, then when lapping Kyle Chisholm (Stewarts teammate) he lets James go and then after Chad get's by he tries to stuff him in a corner just about taking Reed out. Two laps later Chisholm is black flagged and DQ'd, don't imagine that makes Reed feel any better about it though.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Man did the top 2 put on the afterburners? Daisy finishes 3rd, 31 seconds behind JBS???? Woah! Now for the CR story, tomorrow? (no more monkey, now its a gorilla on his back now!)

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
I can not believe Chisholm pulled that crap. Unreal. We had some great racing till that point.

I will have to see the race tomorrow but it sounded like CR tried to punt JBS. Can't wait to watch the first 13 laps. Next week is going to be insane.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
BOO CHISOLM!

That move was bogus! Chad and Bubba were having a great battle until Guided Missle Chisolm had to mess it up.

I don't want to hear any crying from Yamaha if Alessi takes out JBS in next week's main.

Chad did have an agressive pass and put JBS into the tough blocks once. Title on the line - Hey, I like some hard nosed racing, so I thought it was acceptable (glad Bubba did not crash on that one).

Vegas should be great!

Jeffro and Shaheen bugged me more than usual this week.

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
man, a race like that one gets a (old) man's heart pumping!... Bubba is awesome...

Arsis

Dec 5, 2008
You know Reed wanted to rip Chisolm a new one..... but instead..."Chisolm? Who is that guy?" Great race up until that point. Vegas should be intense.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
The heat races looked like some good clean racing. The track looks awesome, wet but doable. Good to see all that snow somewhere else! TB was a good surprise! Gotta feel a little for Mr. Holeshot(MA) not making the main, I think his brother made the lites though? Now to avoid the CR thor commercials. Little weenie's wrapped in bacon, smothered in syrup and brown sugar, stupid sticky keys! Now I see, CR pulls a good start and a phenomenal first corner. Now around lap 6 JS makes a clean pass, and a few corners later CR comes in too hot to make the corner, unless he banks off another bike, dirty, dangerous, and the same thing Jflaw gets suspended for. JS regroups and passes this maniac again, cleanly again. KC heeds the leaders, dives to the inside and looses control, his feet are not even on the pegs! Nearly misses his teammate and gets gobbled up by CR"S momentum, done. Unless your a drama queen, got nothing else, or named CR! FIM had no business black flagging Kyle. NOW, CR is making threats!!!!!! My tv came close to getting peed on when that came out of CR's mouth,,, And totally missed the other 18 racers!

A-RustyDemon

~SPONSOR~
Dec 9, 2002
dirt bike dave said:
BOO CHISOLM!

That move was bogus! Chad and Bubba were having a great battle until Guided Missle Chisolm had to mess it up.

I don't want to hear any crying from Yamaha if Alessi takes out JBS in next week's main.

Chad did have an agressive pass and put JBS into the tough blocks once. Title on the line - Hey, I like some hard nosed racing, so I thought it was acceptable (glad Bubba did not crash on that one).

Vegas should be great!

Jeffro and Shaheen bugged me more than usual this week.

:yell: I agree... That really was a cheap shot. Last week Alessi could of took Bubba out but just allowed him to swing around the corner. I mean what is it Bubba can't hold on to the lead without help now... or is it win at any cost. See some good pressure and bang the take out rule kicks in. The race way great till then... Reed's post race comments were very mild... but the end hints to a little revenge at SBS... I'm not sure DeCoster would approve such shenanigans.

TRexRacing

Jul 23, 2002
I'm glad someone else saw Chisolm was outta control.I'd really like to see his straightaway into the corner.I really don't think he did that to take the crybaby out.Regardless Stewart was out in front of Reed at that time anyway.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
TRexRacing said:
I'm glad someone else saw Chisolm was outta control.I'd really like to see his straightaway into the corner.I really don't think he did that to take the crybaby out.Regardless Stewart was out in front of Reed at that time anyway.

I'm no big fan of Chad's, but it seems like Chisolm had enough presence of mind to get on his binders hard to avoid taking out Bubba before he rolled into Chad.

IMO, it was totally unnecessary, intentional and dirty. It cost the fans a possible exciting race to the finish and may influence the title.

IMO, JBS probably would have won the race anyways, and even if Chad had passed him, JBS still would be in great position to take the title next week.

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
dirt bike dave said:
I'm no big fan of Chad's, but it seems like Chisolm had enough presence of mind to get on his binders hard to avoid taking out Bubba before he rolled into Chad.

IMO, it was totally unnecessary, intentional and dirty. It cost the fans a possible exciting race to the finish and may influence the title.

IMO, JBS probably would have won the race anyways, and even if Chad had passed him, JBS still would be in great position to take the title next week.

Just watched it - I agree.

Lappers generally just give way and don't try to race with those two. Chisholm had to be on the gas to even get in that position - and why in the world would he take an inside line all the way across the track to the outside line that JBS and Reed had taken. He's JBS' teammate - you'd think his brakes would be pretty good.

If I did that to a fast guy at a local track, I'd likely get punched in the mouth.

Nevertheless, I don't think Reed would have gotten by again, but it would have been nice to see if he could.

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
Great race!! Too bad Chisholm got involved. It spoiled a good race. I do agree, and think JBS would have won either way, and I don't think he needs the dirty crap to win.
If it was intentional (looks like it to me, but what do I know), then it's pretty low.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I'm with my friend Bob.. Looked to me like Kyle Chisholm was just plain out of control. If Reed hadn't been there to bounce off of, he'd have been nursing a sore neck from landing on his head on the other side of the tough blocks.

Whether or not he did anything on purpose, I'm sure Reed will be begging his team mate to help him out next week.. Mikey needs to let Reed fight his own battle.

I find it hard to believe that Bubbles would ask his teammate to do something like that.. He passed Reed clean twice, he didn't seem to need any outside help beating Reed this week.

Either way, Vegas should be fun!

Why do we have to watch replays of passes? 2 times in the lites race, we're watching 4 different angles of a pass, and something happens on track live.

I especially love it when they show a 4 angle replay of a pass that you just watched happen live..

I'm really starting to think that they contracted with Goodwill Industries for the production of the races this year.

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
IndyMX said:
I'm with my friend Bob.. Looked to me like Kyle Chisholm was just plain out of control.

Apparently the FIM disagreed since not only was Chisholm blackflagged but he has now been suspended for the Vegas finale.

The most amusing part of this for me is L&M team manager Larry Brooks rant on lappers after Anaheim 3.

Larry Brooks on MXA said:
When the lapped riders start jockeying around; speeding up to avoid getting lapped; trying to catch up to the about to be fellow lapper in front of them; and engaging in races within races (albeit a lap down on the real race for the lead) they are endangering the leaders.

Larry Brooks on MXA said:
The integrity of the races depends on the AMA trying to maintain some semblance of order. This is what we rely on the AMA for. It will be a sad day when some disgruntled lapped rider determines the outcome of a race that 45,000 people paid to watch.

Full text can be seen at http://www.motocrossactionmag.com/M...0&tier=3&nid=D2D77C4A1E0040DB856C71AB59487D1E

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
IndyMX said:
I find it hard to believe that Bubbles would ask his teammate to do something like that..

James would never ask or rely on Chisholm for this type of assistance.

IndyMX said:
He passed Reed clean twice, he didn't seem to need any outside help beating Reed this week.

Can't say I agree, each time he got past Reed, Chad immediately ran it back up the inside of him, after the last pass Chad turned up the speed on lap 15 and was again closing until the Chisholm incident. Whether James actually needed the help or not we will never be able to tell because the bottom line was he got the help.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
And the damn dvr didn't record it.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Chili said:
James would never ask or rely on Chisholm for this type of assistance.
No, but I'm thinking there's some bad blood betwixt Larry Brooks and Chad Reed from last year.

I'd say that Reed could have given JBS a run down to the wire, and I wish we'd have seen it. That was some pretty damn good straight up racing, and would have proves something to Reed's detractors (including this one).

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
The band of Indians seen CR(chad reed) playing ruff, they sent smoke signals to KC(kyle chisolm) to wait and take out the warrior(cr)? KC(kyle) has never been known to ride that way. Why would anyone assume otherwise? To help JBS(bubbles)? Chadwick(cr) had a good start, got passed, rammed JBS to retake, got cleanly passed, AGAIN, got a tire in front and did his patented delayed throttle, hoping to collect the faster rider. Did not work Chump(cr)! The entire race except for a couple laps, JBS was faster. Slow motion KC(kyle) coming up the inside, no brakes, no feet on the pegs. Regrettable, and unintentional. And, chumps(cr) helper did not even make the main(mike alessi), drama queen(cr), bet he likes fish sticks(cr's new nickname) also! A band of Indians against a band of morons(cr&ma)? JBS had the race in the bag, Fish sticks(cr) had no second wind at the end. If Stuart rode like Fish sticks he would wait for him in the corner and collect his front wheel. This is why Fish sticks will never beat JBS straight up. Cheaters(cr and jlaw) almost never win. The way the fim seen it, get real. And I sure would have liked to seen when fishy jumped over KC, and gave him the finger(couldn't actually see what CR directed at KC)! Well, it took awhile to straighten out the Jflaw ordeal(danger to others, gave broc the finger and got suspended), hopefully they will straighten out Fish sticks sooner! And, the entire KC incident did nothing time lost, compared to both of fish sticks antics against JBS. Even jflaw wasn't dumb enough to make personal take out threats 2 weeks in a row!

Last edited:
Top Bottom