DPW

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2000
What's the best way to sell a dirt bike ? I've posted on every message board and for sale forums about my bike, but with no luck. Is an add in the local newspaper still a good way or cycle-trader ?

What is a fair price for '99 YZ400 in great shape ?

Thanks for your help

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
Cycletrader if you really want to sell. What I have seen in my area is people advertising bikes but not really wanting to sell them. In other words, if someone is dumb enough to give this much I will sell it. The bikes in cycletrader that are priced right sell pretty quick.

I just did a search on their website which is www.cycletrader.com and found 18 1999 YZ400's for sale nationwide. The prices range from $2,800 to $3,900 with the majority being in the $3,300 to $3,500 range. Based on that, if you really want to sell it, I would say low to mid 3's depending upon condition and demand in your area.

One thing people forget when listing a bike is that your bike is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it. You could list it in cycletrader for $4,000 but that doesn't mean you will get it. If you really want to sell do a search and hit the middle price and negotiate from there. You should sell quick then. Get your price to where the bike will be in demand.

ryche1

May 9, 2002
If you don't mind possibly shipping the bike for an added cost, ebay is a pretty good place to get rid of a bike.. and you can always put a reserve on the price to make sure you get what you want..

Top Bottom