mykski2

Feb 26, 2006
Just wondering what the trail conditions are like at Cedar Creek for Saturday. I know they had a lot of snow just north of there, and I'm running studless. Temp wise, should be a good day.
Mike

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
I rode it last Saturday and it was totaly snow covered. I would say anywhere from 2-4" deep and frozen and crusty. I dont think I hit dirt more than 2-3x and I have studded tires.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
I'll let you guys know what to expect on Friday night.. Its POURING rain here right now and it may very well be clear sailing if if this keeps up!!!!
Woodsy :ride:

mykski2

Feb 26, 2006
Looks like tomorrow is a go for me. Thanks for the report. I also got a report from a friend that had to pass through Muskegon and he also gave me the all clear. Kinda a family thing going on. My son an I on bikes, Daughter and Daughter-in-law on quads.
Mike

bross

Jan 8, 2006
Snow is gone. We got plenty of rain and warm temps the past couple days here in Muskegon to get rid of it. Supposed to rain again today so expect a wet, puddly trail.

mykski2

Feb 26, 2006
Wet puddly trail alright. Some of those hole looked like a trout pond. And for my first real ride of the season, those woops sure were big, and they seemed to never stop. But it did turn out to be a beautiful day. Lots of other rider out there. I did keep the big XR up all day, so I guess this qualifiies as a good ride. Looking forward to the nice single track.
Mike

bross

Jan 8, 2006
I rode Cedar Creek in December and it was whooped like mad, unfortunately that doesn't seem to have changed. It was a beautiful day for riding - was out for a few hours with some friends.

B

Bob - Ts185

Bob - Ts185

I am bringing my daughter up from Holland MI,
can someone give us directions to the trail head
of Cedar CreeK Trail in Muskegon.

Thanks, Bob

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Hey Bob. How old is your daughter? If she is young and learning I would take her to Horseshoe instead. Cedar Creek is all sand and deep woops. Not exactly a great place to bring the kids. My 10yr old boy hates it out there and he is a pretty good sand rider.

To get to Horseshoe take 31 to the M120 / Holton road exit. Turn right (east)
Follow that east till you get to Holton Duck Lake road. Turn Left (north)
Follow that north till you get to Skeels road. Turn Left (west)
Take that to 184th ave and turn right (north) this is a dirt road.
Follow that around Horseshoe lake and the road will take a sharp turn north. The staging area is right past that on the right.

There is a small 2 mile loop to the east and a larger, like 10 mile loop to the west. The northern loop is for platted bikes.

Horseshoe is much better for the kids. Lots less sand. Its tighter but overall a much easier ride.

Otherwise to get to Cedar follow M120 east over to Twin Lake and turn right (east) on Ryerson Road. Follow that down a few miles and the staging area is on the Right side. Easy to find.

Top Bottom