ChrisKring

Jun 20, 2006
Rode cedar creek yesterday. Only about 4-5" of snow. No problem with studs. Anyway, the parking lot is gated off now with a sign saying trail head closed. Anyone know what's up?

ChrisKring

Jun 20, 2006
D.LEATHERS said:
Yeah, It's WINTER & IT'S CLOSED !!!!!

I don't think it's ever been closed before in the winter. Plus, it's on the snowmobile trail. People actually park there in the winter. I didn't know if something changed and that the trails are now closed in the winter.

Anyway, the gate didn't stop the couple that was parked right in front of the gate when we drove out after riding.

OVER 50

May 29, 2006
According to the Baldwin Ranger Office, the parking area at Cedar Creek is gated to prevent damage to the asphalt from carbide studs an such on snowmobiles. The trail itself is open, just have to find a place to park to access the trail. Linderman rd, which is the road leading up to the parking lot, is a option if you can get up the hill when there is snow or ice on it. I mentioned this an suggested maybe the county could be advised to have a plow truck clear the road( Linderman ) up the hill to allow parking along Linderman. Don't know what will come of my call, but you never know. Now, what is that number for the Muskegon County Road Commission? Happy Trails to you. :nod: :ride:

Top Bottom