Soccer13

Oct 14, 2001
the problem is i dont have the money for the KX100, i have had an old 1986 KDX80 two stroke for a little bit but sold. I do have alot of experince with 4 strokes and ridding though

mxracer724

Oct 6, 2001
What you should do soccer is get the CR80 Expert and then ride it, and see how it is and then if you have any problems come back and post your problems and people will help you out. It's hard to help if you don't know what your poblems with the bike are. Every bike is different. I know 2 guys who used to have CR 80 Experts a couple years ago, and 1 fouled plugs a lot and the other didn't, and they ran there bikes exactly the same. Just get the bike and ride it and if you need more low end then get a pipe, or something else to improve low end. http://www.fmfracing.com/ is who makes the Fatty pipe and gnarly pipe. They make good pipes for more low end power.

Last edited:

Honda Rippin'

Feb 19, 2001
mxracer-Maybe one of your friends ran different fuel or rode differrently and that's why the plugs fouled? Alot of things can cause that. Anyway, just do like mxracer said. Go find a used one, call they owners and ask them if you can come look at it and ride it. That's what I did when I bought mine. I was used to a four stroke, but had ridden a CR 80, a piece of crap one that is like a 1990 but was an 80 nevertheless, and when I went to look at the Cr that I ended up buying, the guy had no problem letting me start it and ride it. You should find some in the classifieds and call 'em and tell them you wanna ride it, but make sure it's one that you might consider buying, otherwise it was like a joy ride and nobody likes somebody just coming and riding their bike for fun and not being a possible buyer.

AMinkman

Nov 17, 1999
Your original post said that you were buying a NEW CR80. Wouldn't a KX100 be similarly priced. Work the dealers against each other.A power valve bike is much eaiser to go fast on when you you are learning than one wihout, but everyone wants a Honda?:silly:

Top Bottom