sanford

Apr 9, 2002
Wolverine423 said:
Great - A 4 lap harescramble on Saturday. As a matter of fact I don't think they through any checks out on last years Saturday event.... :laugh:

Well said......a 4 lap Indiana Hare scramble in the D14 enduro series. :think:

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Who was voted in as AMA Congress Off Road Delegate?

Who is the new Treasurer?

So was Chuck glad I wasn't there on Sunday? :)

Nice that the Membership Admin has not changed...

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
Smit-Dog said:
Who was voted in as AMA Congress Off Road Delegate?

Who is the new Treasurer?

So was Chuck glad I wasn't there on Sunday? :)

Nice that the Membership Admin has not changed...

the new treasurer's name is pam ?? she got up and introduced herself at last nite's meeting. she is from the coldwater area her son's race mx, and i believe she works at a cpa firm. she should be a good replacement for bobbie.

i was told by bobbie that her firm would not be handling the membership duties any more, did the board change their minds in this mornings meeting??

i believe dick bigelow was re-elected..

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
The Off Season

tdunn976 said:
Thank's bill for posting the schedule,
Alot went on in elections (Saturday night.) And at the new board meeting on Sunday morning.
We have a new VP. Bart Newman,so The executive board is now run by MX group.
I have no worries though as Bart has some great ideas to help promote the Tree Planting and the FES.
Bobie Marr although not our treasurer any longer will still be in the loop, her company will still be the membership administer.
New Person doing the paper,she will need our help with article.
There will be no january paper,to cut so e costs this year and Feb issue I believe will be Barts last.

Met AMA Off-road Director Chuck Weir as he performed the Risk management meeting.

Now is it the Off-Season?

Thomas Dunn
AMA D14 Enduro Chair

YES TOM, IT IS NOW THE OFF SEASON. :cool:
NOW YOU CAN CONCENTRATE ALL OF THAT SPARE TIME BOOZING & SMOOZING WITH ALL OF THE POLITICIANS FOR OUR OFF ROAD CAUSES. :yikes: I'M STILL FREAKIN OUT OVER YOU IN THAT MONKEY SUIT YESTERDAY!!! :coocoo:

DAVE L.

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
Yes the Board meeting had some changes and very heated exchanges!

Pam although elected,Is not a current AMA member in good stsnding,(must be AMA for 1 year min. to be elected to board.)Pam Wiesnewski is now the treasurer.
Bobies firm had been told they weren't needed by a top official,who had to do alot of back pedelling at board meeting and the board voted to retain Bobbies firm, if they will accept.(answer in 7-10 days)
Election process was considered questionable by many on Satuday night as some rules and bylawswere not followed.
The Legislation Division did not lose their money So Far!
and The FES series should be getting better attention from the District

Dick Bigelow was unopposed and is again the Off-road congressman.

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
D.LEATHERS said:
YES TOM, IT IS NOW THE OFF SEASON. :cool:
NOW YOU CAN CONCENTRATE ALL OF THAT SPARE TIME BOOZING & SMOOZING WITH ALL OF THE POLITICIANS FOR OUR OFF ROAD CAUSES. :yikes: I'M STILL FREAKIN OUT OVER YOU IN THAT MONKEY SUIT YESTERDAY!!! :coocoo:

DAVE L.

As for the Monkey Suit!
Always look the Part!

If your going to kiss alot of "AZZ" you should always look good doing it.

Made alot of new friends (even in the MX division)in the fight to keep Legislation Division going.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
tdunn976 said:
....Bobies firm had been told they weren't needed by a top official,who had to do alot of back pedelling at board meeting...
Nice....

Election process was considered questionable by many on Satuday night as some rules and bylawswere not followed.
Where was Craig Scott when you needed him! :nod:

Dick Bigelow was unopposed and is again the Off-road congressman.
:cool:

I thought Jim Price was also running for that position?

Last edited:

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
Smit Dog,
Jim Price Was Running For D-14 Off Road Rider Rep. Their Are 2 Positions Available, There Were 4 People Running Jim Price, Matt Crown ( Mcr Suspension And Mx A Rider ) And I Don't Remember The Other 2. Matt Crown Got One Position And I Can't Remember Who Got The Other Position. Jim Price Did Not Get Elected, Which Is Too Bad He Seemed Very Interested In Doing The Job, And Has Years Of Riding Experience In All Forms Of Racing!! Oh Well.

Dave L.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
President of D14 = MX, Vice President of D14 = MX, Off road rider rep = MX, AMA off road congressman = MX, guy who attended the ISDE in Chile and interested in sponsoring riders for Greece - NOT elected.
Anyone else see a trend here????

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
fatherandson said:
President of D14 = MX, Vice President of D14 = MX, Off road rider rep = MX, AMA off road congressman = MX, guy who attended the ISDE in Chile and interested in sponsoring riders for Greece - NOT elected.

Makes you wonder if this is happening else where in the country. Why is Iowa Enduro Riders Association no longer part of District 22 for 2008?

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
fatherandson said:

Does this mean all enduos will soon have doubles, triples and table tops? Or does it mean we off roaders just get screwed for funding like every other year?

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
fatherandson said:
Yes a kind of coupe did happen although was told that there was no previous plan or intent?! :blah:

As you all know I can and will work with everyone.

The new VP has several good Ideas to promote the tree planting and said he thought the FES was a great series and was going to work to help promote that also.

We opened some eyes after Dick and I spoke of the legislative activities and what's in it for them.(and we kept our funding and reserves.)

Tomorrow who knows

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
tdunn976 said:
The new VP has several good Ideas to promote the tree planting and said he thought the FES was a great series and was going to work to help promote that also.

I'd be interesed to hear his ideas.

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
Bart Newman D-14 V.p.

MIKE I HAVE KNOWN BART FOR MANY YEARS, BESIDES BEING PAST MX CHAIRMAN, AND NOW PART OWNER OF LOG ROAD HE DOES HAVE OFF ROAD EXPERIENCE. :cool: I BELIEVE HE WILL DO A GREAT JOB AS V.P. HE HAS EXPRESSED AN INTEREST IN COMING UP TO JACKPINE/LMC TO DO SOME TRAIL RIDING, NOW IS OUR OPPORTUNITY TO GET HIM UP THERE TO :ride: AND SHOW HIM FIRSTHAND WHAT WE ARE ALL ABOUT. I KNOW HE WOULD HAVE A GREAT TIME.

DAVE L.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
D.LEATHERS said:
MIKE I HAVE KNOWN BART FOR MANY YEARS, BESIDES BEING PAST MX CHAIRMAN, AND NOW PART OWNER OF LOG ROAD HE DOES HAVE OFF ROAD EXPERIENCE. :cool: I BELIEVE HE WILL DO A GREAT JOB AS V.P. HE HAS EXPRESSED AN INTEREST IN COMING UP TO JACKPINE/LMC TO DO SOME TRAIL RIDING, NOW IS OUR OPPORTUNITY TO GET HIM UP THERE TO :ride: AND SHOW HIM FIRSTHAND WHAT WE ARE ALL ABOUT. I KNOW HE WOULD HAVE A GREAT TIME.

DAVE L.

Well then keep him away from the "slums" at LMC. Looks like you'll have to fire up the vintage "CR" and trail ride, better make up a parts order. :laugh:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I used to race against Bart in the 80's at the enduros. I know he has ridden off road before, but his focus has been more track focused in recent years.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
tdunn976 said:
Jamie and gang will let me know hopefully sometime in Jan.

It would be sweet if they can pull if off and get some new trails cut in.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
1045 that!I think Jamie and the boys do a good job putting on a event!They just need some different trail.

wellhead

Jun 22, 2007
I would like them to have an enduro but not the same weekend as the copmish HS. If they have to double up on a weekend it should be with a moto type HS like morelands or portland. Copmish has no track and draws the enduro guys. This year it well be more like enduro trail with it being an OMA nationl race also.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom