yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
We sure as hell are NOT riding at Bonita. That place sucks.

taraker

Freedom Ain't Free
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Eric is a little skarred of Bonita. :scream:

It is just down the road from Muenster and it may have a whoop or two, maybe more, but unlike Muenster, it has some great jumps for the frequent flyers, and a 10 plus mile cross country loop. Your not going to find the never ended trails at Bonita like Muenster, but what you will find in one of the best cross country loops in Texas, with a whoop or two :laugh:

Pictures of Bonita can be found Here & Here

& one of my favorites

Last edited:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
So is the terrain simular to Muenster?  Elevation changes?  Sand?  Rock?  Track?  The out-of-towners really REALLY want to ride!

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Where is it from Muenster? Most of us are driving back home Sunday night and prefer not to drive eight hours after riding all day.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Brian, don't let this monkey fool you.. this place sucks. Notice he says whoop or two. Well, if there are 2 whoops on that cross country loop, they're both about five miles long if ya catch my drift. No rocks, no hills, just sand. Not the fun sand either, it's the sand that's similar to flour. It does have some cool jumps though. This in-towner wants to ride something different besides the same ole stuff. My vote goes for Murray or the 500, unless anybody else has a better suggestion.

Taraker, how the heck are you gettin into Bonita anyways, it's private property. :moron: oops I guess there's not a smiley for that.

Last edited:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Just so ya know, Murray will have alot of the 4 wheel type helmetless riders.&nbsp; Nice place to ride but the trails are not marked and it is a free-for-all, well almost, $7.00/rider.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
What about the 500? I always hear yall talk about it and want to ride there. Where exactly is it? What's the scoop on that place? I really could do without helmetless 4-wheelers.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
I'd be alright with going to Nocona too. Not very far down the road from Muenster, maybe 20 mins outta the way?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
The 500 is a great place to ride.&nbsp; $25 dollar membership required.&nbsp; We could have sign up forms for you guys.&nbsp; This membership is good for a year and will allow 4 family members for the $25.&nbsp; Not sure exactly how long it would take to drive from the Dallas area to Stillwater but is doable.&nbsp; We could put a few people up for the night if necessary and ride on Monday as well.&nbsp; We might be able to get into Cooperland Monday.&nbsp; I'd have to call and check into it.&nbsp; Not sure if they are racing or practicing on Sunday.
Nacona sounds fun and safe for the not-so-mx riders but not sure how busy they will be.&nbsp; Has anyone considered Burrelson(sp?) or Village Creek?&nbsp; Badlands is a blast but adds additional travel time for everyone.&nbsp; Not sure of their schedule either.&nbsp;

7 days and counting..............................!

BTW, Murray will be fine with me.&nbsp; Good trails and nice parking area.

MTRIDER

Aug 20, 2000
You guys should investigate Texoma...the inside loop has tables, doubles, a platform jump, step over triple-double, the outside loop is 4th and 5th gear turns enough to make everyone SMILE ! ( the back loop is also loamy)

Just a suggestion (near Durant)

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Bonita is not my favorite, however that could be b/c the last time I rode it I was on my mini-bike (YZ 125) and my head was full of dark clouds due to my impending divorce.

However, times have a way of changin' things and now I got a big ole 426 and I have a new set of 756's in the garage waiting to go on, the divorce has been final for a long time and the clouds have been replaced by better weather.

The 500 (near Cooperland??) is to far for us TX folks IMO.

Bonita, Nocona, Lake Murray - Someone pick!!!! I just wanna ride.

Wishful thinking here, but I *really* would like to go to Badlands. I haven't been in a few weeks and I am jonesing to ride there in a bad way!

-jeffd

DPW

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2000
Originally posted by taraker
Well, I have heard alot of very good things about SOUTHERN STAR CYCLE RANCH and this might actually provide a fairly decent riding area for all on an SX weekend :thumb:

BTW - Forget about Bonita, that is a no go :ugg:

I forgot about that place, but it's kind of in the wrong direction for the OK. guys. A lot closer to home for me than Nocona and they have pretty decent AX track there and PeeWee tracks for the kids. Another good thought.... so who's going to make the call where the after SX ride is going to be?

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
third

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Anybody ridin woods? I dunno if my dad wants to hit up the track... :(

OldMaiconut

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 28, 2001
I think I will do Lake Murray on Sunday and Muenster on Monday. I will probably camp at Murray Sat and Sunday night and pull out to Muenster early Monday AM. My old bones are too sore lately for the track.

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
Hey OMN, my Sunday looks like no ridin fo me, but Monday, now that's a definite maybe could do. If your plans hold true I just may meet you out there. That is if you want to risk me killing your momentum forcing you into a mud hole :p . Anybody else planning to hit Muenster on Monday?

Top Bottom