Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
What say we attending Canadians camp together, we'll construct a surrounding 8' fence and flagpoles, and raid/pillage the American camps in the night..

mkimbro1

Nov 12, 2001
I think that's a great idea, eh! ;) I would be very interested in observing the raid/pillage tactics of our great white north bretheren. I actually thought you were all pacifists! :moon:

Mike

cweingartz

Jun 6, 2000
October! You guys are killing me. School will be back in session :( , there is no way I can miss a week of classes, guess you won't be seeing me there. Have fun.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Originally posted by cweingartz
there is no way I can miss a week of classes

That's what I'll be doing! I'll be out of vacation time at work by then too. Trust me, it's worth whatever you have to go through......you'll be sorry.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
First scorpion I ever saw was in OK.
Nasty lil buggers.

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Ill be takin my boy out of school for wednesday to friday, no problem.
Christopher, You could drive there on Wed. Only miss 3 days. Definitly worth the road trip. Its only 6 months away now. Start planning
Walt

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
I am with Walt on this. As long as thekid is doing good in school I hope to pull him out at least Thur and Fri (hope to add wed). the experience of hanging out with 200 spodes is as valuable if not more than 3 days in school wishing he was with me.

dave186

Sponsoring Member
Nov 19, 2001
Re: Vacation scheduled....

Originally posted by 380EXCman
Its on the Calendar.

380EXCman, how do you plan on getting there? Hopefully something better than the neon, If I figure out how to pay for it, I would borrow my moms minivan, but then I'm still by my self.

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
Not sure yet....

Its still quite a while out yet...Plenty of time to work out the details.. I will probably take my pickup. But If I have to I will roll again in the Neon. Im not missing this one for anything.

Dave, We need to hook up one of these days and go riding...

bluerider125

~SPONSOR~
Feb 23, 2002
Originally posted by WaltCMoto
Ill be takin my boy out of school for wednesday to friday, no problem.
Christopher, You could drive there on Wed. Only miss 3 days. Definitly worth the road trip. Its only 6 months away now. Start planning
Walt

i wish my dad would do that, you must me known as a 'cool' dad :confused: :)

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by bluerider125

i wish my dad would do that, you must me known as a 'cool' dad :confused: :)

Unfourtunatly, my dad would have never done any thing like this for me either. So now I'M the dad, and I say lets ride! My son gets good grades, stays out of trouble, and this is just a reward for him making my life a little easier. Plus we went last year for 3 days and it was a blast. Your close enough, ask your dad what it would take for you to do for him to get you here. then live up to it.

mkimbro1

Nov 12, 2001
My son tried his best but will be repeating the 3rd grade next year. Darn that modern 3rd grade math! :| He is the youngest in the entire 3rd grade class so it shouldn't present a problem. He already knows if he does good and stays out of trouble we go riding. Same goes for DW02, passing grades and good behavior will get him out on Wed.

Mike

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Mike - How is it that your kid is getting passing grades but is having to repeat the third grade? Sounds to me like he is getting rewarded for failing.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Actually I think he was saying that his son is having problems this year and that DW02 will be the carrot dangling from the stick next year. Riding and hunting are the carrots I have used with my son in the past. Luckily he does good enough in school we don't have to back up the ultimatums altho they would be used if necessary.
DW is a great experience for kids (of any age) and I am proud to say thekid can learn as much there as in school for those 3 days. I talked KXKEN into taking his son last year and I think he would back me on this

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
I guess i wasn't thinking that DW02 would actually be during next years school term. I agree with rewarding kids for doing well in school or life in general. DW or any event that a parent can spend time with their kids having fun is definately a benifit for the child.

bluerider125

~SPONSOR~
Feb 23, 2002
Originally posted by WaltCMoto

Unfourtunatly, my dad would have never done any thing like this for me either. So now I'M the dad, and I say lets ride! My son gets good grades, stays out of trouble, and this is just a reward for him making my life a little easier. Plus we went last year for 3 days and it was a blast. Your close enough, ask your dad what it would take for you to do for him to get you here. then live up to it.

i'm tryin hard!! :)

mkimbro1

Nov 12, 2001
Originally posted by KelvinKDX
Mike - How is it that your kid is getting passing grades but is having to repeat the third grade? Sounds to me like he is getting rewarded for failing.

Your right about DW being a carrot for next year. This year he is only failing math. And has had a passing grade the last 2 report cards. Unfortunately, his first 3 report cards were terrible. Don't get me wrong, I'm very strict but he is 8 years old and gets some small rewards for making good progress. You can't put the bar so high that the kid feels he will never make it. All that happens then is they get discouraged and quit trying completely. He and I are going to hit the math book this summer. That way he is better prepared for school and DW02.

Mike

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
You can't put the bar so high that the kid feels he will never make it. All that happens then is they get discouraged and quit trying completely.
Having raised one for 18 years, who's graduating this spring ( :scream: ) I couldn't agree more with that statement. Well said.

Top Bottom