BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by mx547

and bring plenty of quarters (you'll understand when you get here).
LMAO! :)

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
:cool:

Cool - The dates are going into the dirtbike vacation supercomputer.

October will be a fun month with DW02' in the beginning and LL Fall ride at the end of the month.

Now I have to wait and see what the dbv supercomputer spits out to see how i will be getting there. Will it be the comfy yet pain in the ass RV? Or maybe the slightly cramped yet comfortable (while on the road) F-150? I figure that the DBVSC should have this figured out in about a month or so.

I say we try to have meeting points set up along the way (at least from the East) so that we can build a nice big convoy ! Truck'in cross the USA! :aj:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
"When you hit the Oklahoma state line, watch out... "
Yeah but once you are on the turnpike... speed limit is 75 ... everyone goes 90, gotta love that. And yes... bring quarters.

OH!! OHH!!!
Don't forget to stop in the "World's largest McDonalds" LOL.

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Worlds largest McDonalds!! :scream:

Great - I will never get Wendy "Fry-Girl" past that one. :debil:

Okie - Tell us - what's up with needing to bring the quarters? Is there a charge for use of the bathroom toilets? Like you have to put in a quarter or crawl under the door?? :confused: :whiner:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Quarters

If you come into Oklahoma on I-44 from the east or west you will be on a turnpike, quarters required. If you come into Oklahoma on I-40 from the east or west, no tolls, the bumps are free. If you travel I-35 from the north or south, no tolls, again the bumps are free.
As Dirtweek gets closer, I will post accurate, easy directions. I will also be posting signs on the major highways leading to Cooperland. If you need other local info, send me and email or pm.
BTW, OTA, the keeper of the turnpikes is known locally as the Oklahoma Taxation Authority. What is yellow and sleeps 6?...a OTL truck.

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
I'm gonna bring a whole bunch of CDN quarters and see if they work :) tee hee Any requests from you guys? Anything we get here that you don't? I can make a shopping list if you'd like....

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by Okiewan
Don't forget to stop in the "World's largest McDonalds" LOL.
Is that the one that is built over the Will Rogers turnpike, between Tulsa and Joplin? If it is I've been there many times. I seem to remember a sign with the "biggest McD's claim. Used to have to go out to Joplin (Eagle Picher) every three months.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by VintageDirt
Is that the one that is built over the Will Rogers turnpike, between Tulsa and Joplin? If it is I've been there many times. I seem to remember a sign with the "biggest McD's claim. Used to have to go out to Joplin (Eagle Picher) every three months.
That's the one.

FireLily

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
I just made my boyfriend to put a schedule for Dirt Week '02 in his computer. He has to take a week off from work and make an arrangement for switching the weekend with his kids.

Yahoo map says it will take 32 hours and 20 mins for us to get there (it's better than going to Illinois, though.) I even told him that he can fly back and I will drive the truck home. Yes, I really want to be there!

CJ, it would be fun, if we could ride again together!
mkimbro1, can your wife come with you? You should put her on a dirt bike now, so she will be ready by October!

Mini ;)

Last edited:

mkimbro1

Nov 12, 2001
Nothing would make me happier, but she is definately not the type. Anything that involve exerting oneself is not for her. I may buy her a quad to putt around on and see if she wants to come. Also I am self employed and can take off whenever I want, she can't.

Mike

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Originally posted by mkimbro1
Also I am self employed and can take off whenever I want, she can't.
Mike

I recall you saying what did for a living is not what she calls employment. :p

mkimbro1

Nov 12, 2001
Actually, when people ask her what I do, she says "He does everything possible to keep from getting a real job!" :aj:

I just tell her I don't work and play well with others and that a real job would get in the way of my riding and golf. :cool:

Mike

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
I'm hoping to help represent SoCal with Pink Tutu's in hand. ( I've got a special one picked out just for Okie!) Anyone else in the Socal wrecking crew wanna join in?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Don't be too close to TTRGuy or the flames may melt your tent. :D

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
O.K., I'll swing by Patty's pick-up my knee braces, and caravan to stillwater. Is there a Regency in Stillwater :eek:

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Hmm, I think a camp cook-off is in order, especially if I get to judge it. If not, I'll be hangin' close to the Heartland Spodes camp. Those guys could make a pig's hiney taste good.

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
can get by w/o the dump station. Would prefer they instal electrical sub station for power distribution. :)

Top Bottom